Friday, April 10, 2009

Holidays Are Not For Work

Holidays are meant for laptops, TV, and just basically doing nothing. So when you're doing a lot of work... you know what, I'll get to this.

I woke up at 8:30, and it would have been later, but I was woken up. If you ask me, you shouldn't be woken up in the holidays; just sleep. You can't do it on school days, so why not do it in the holidays? Anyway. Then, after breakfast and so on, my parents got me to do the folding. And then my brother and I had to clear the entire house of books that we (my brother and I)owned that we didn't want anymore. Which took about 2 and a half hours. We have a lot of books. Then, finally, around noon, I went on my laptop again. Then at 2, I had to go walk the dog. Until 3. Bloody hell. Luckily I brought my iPod, so I could play Solitaire as well. As I love doing. After I walked the dog though, work was thankfully finished for the day, so I went on MSN and talked to Victor and Ebony. For a while. Then our family played 13 (just 1 game. They didn't know how to play, and didn't seem to want to), and President & Asshole, which is the game our family plays when we want to play cards. It's similar to 13, except without bombs, straights or suits. So, not as good. In my opinion. Right now I'm on an Abridged marathon, blogging, and talking to Victor on MSN all at the same time. In fact, all on the same screen. With more success than I would have thought.

I'm in the mood for a random list. So I'll say how 13 is better than President & Asshole:
*No bombs: So once someone plays a 2, it's their free. You can't beat a 2 once it is played. There's another way in 13, but it doesn't work in P&A because of...
*No suits: So you can't play a 3 of clubs on a 3 of spades. Only a 4. Which is very annoying.
*No straights: Oh, come on! You can only play singles, pairs, triples and quadruples. Straights add so much strategy.
*Once you lose, you keep losing: In P&A, the Asshole must give their 2 best cards to the President. The Asshole lost the last round, and the President won it. So the winner gets good cards. And the reverse. Gets frustrating if you lose.
*President starts: 3 of spades seems fair. Not much of an annoyance, but if you have a 3 of spades, it doesn't seem fair.

OK, I'm bored of that list. Now to the comments: 6 from 4 people. AC, unfortunately, didn't comment. Bugger. Anyway.
*Victor: The new Mango, only saying a few words, and putting first. Or maybe Mango is the new you. Anyway.
*Ebony: My bad. Your reading comment owned me. That's all that needs to be said. And I got it wrong (I'm on a great streak here). I'm just surprised I remember that much. I've seen some of John's Powerpoints; they are awesome, hands down. And title for yesterday: I fail again. I'm just giving up now.
*Shafi: More shameless advertising! Mango would be proud.
*Shafi: Anonymous comments account: Victor's next comment says it better than I ever could.
*Victor: Made my day too. Mine is, in fact, an exception, as AC comments anonymously.
*Rosa: My bad, OK, stop pointing it out! Lol. And the perfect married couple indeed.

Such was the first day of holidays. Hopefully tomorrow will be the first with no work whatsoever. Hopefully.

Sleep is good,
AB

9 comments:

  1. Well, I'm first again (naturally).

    P&A doesn't sound fun at all.

    You cop me out for not saying enough in comments, then blog about bugger all! Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah victors right, stop picking on victor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victor's always right. I think we should just start with that. Victor is always right. Ok, good.

    I tried to teach my parents to play 13 once, they totally couldn't care less. But they taught me 500 so I am happy. Occasionally my Dad will still play 26 with me. But that's just cuz he's awesome.

    AC never comments on weekends (dammit, I am observant :L) Besides, how can your life revolve around someone you don't even know. Or someone you do know bu they're too embaraased to admit they know you because of social ramifications.

    P & A sounds like shit. Not playing a 3 on a 3. Then how the hell do you get rid of 3s? Exactly!
    And straights do add heaps of strategy, because you have to think, will I keep this for a double or use it to beat the straight? It requires a lot of thought.

    Yes, I totally owned you in yesterday's comment, because, well, that's what I do :L.

    Today's comment is long because I'm leaving soon, and my awesomeness has to be able to sustain everyone for the whole weekend :L. And even though Victor and Mango whinge about having nothing to comment on, I somehow find a lot because that is just how much I love talking.

    I should shut up sometime soon.
    Ok, now is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHIT!! I wrote a lot. =O
    I mean, you have to scroll to read it all =O

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah mah Ebony. Don't swear! Anyways, I love 13, although I'm not that good, cards are fun! So many games like go fish, poker (all the different types eg. hold em texas and all) and stuff. so fun.

    HOLIDAYS ARE MEANT FOR SLEEPING IN AB!! 8am or around there is not sleeping in. Sleeping in is like 12 :D That's the best time to wake up because you know you've already wasted half the day doing nothing :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleeping in is 3pm :P

    That's like, a whole day, gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry, I'm not actually up at 1am. I'm just magical like that.

    ReplyDelete