Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Frisbees and Fighting

Again, I may have to clear something up, as with the last post. I did no fighting; the word in the title is a sole reference to hapkido. It was also for the same reason: for alliteration. I figure, as long as I can clear it up here, I can say it. Also, it helps with doing an opening paragraph. So, on that note, let's get to my day.

Before school, I talked to John and the others, and I finally came to grips with something. If you'll allow me a short tangent (and it's my blog, so I will), EA recently upped the prices in Battlefield Heroes. This would be understandable; if they didn't raise them by 2000%. That's 21 times what they originally were. The game is shot, and so I may not play it until they decrease them significantly. Bloody hell, that is so goddamn annoying. Well, it was fun. It was then Role Call, in which we did some new nominations for the categories to be announced at the formal next week (holy crap, it's a week away), such as 'Most Creative' and 'Most Likely to Come Back as a Teacher,' which Ebony is striving for, as I hear that she may not be winning 'Loudest' or 'Chatterbox.' I know, I know, but I voted for her. Period 1 was History, and it was yet more 'Man vs Wild.' At this point, I can say very little more about it, on account of the fact that I've already summarised it, pointed out exactly what he's doing wrong, and how he is right in some cases. Only parodying is remained, and I may have done that before as well (also, the guy's name is Bear Grylls. How the hell do I parody that? Bear Grylls already sounds like a parody name. Oy vey.). Period 2 was English, and we continued to look at George Bush, and specifically, his many classic quotes, which, unless you've been living under a rock since the year 2000, you should have heard of (Wikipedia has a whole list of them). One memorable one that I hadn't heard before was one made in April 2008, and which goes like this: "So long as I'm the president, my measure of success is victory -- and success." You would think that the fact that the President of the most powerful country on Earth said that would be cause for alarm. However, it's just funny. Recess was talking.

Period 3 was Ag, and we spent our time cleaning out the horticultural shed some more. In the process, we found some animals that looked frozen, and were dead, to put it bluntly. One was a rat (I think), and one was a blue-tongue lizard (which according to Wikipedia are technically called blue-tongue skinks. Now, that doesn't sound nearly as cool.). I originally thought it to be a snake, but Schippers identified it as a blue-tongue. My job, after Ebony took up the sweeping (not that I'm complaining or anything. She really enjoys sweeping, for some reason. Personally, I took it upon myself to make several bad puns, such as "sweepwalking" and "Orlando Broom."), was to hose away all the dirt collected from the sweeping. There was a lot of dirt there; there was a solid aggregation collected by the door (I use words like aggregation. You really should be used to that by now.). Lunch was talking and Charades. Some were easy, like 'Up,' and some none others got, like 'Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.'

Next, it was Sport, and Kevin and I continued our game of Charades. Eventually I gave up, as he had never heard of '2001: A Space Odyssey' and couldn't work out something that sounded like 'Forrest Hump.' What we actually did do in Sport was play Ultimate Frisbee, which quickly devolved into walking up and down a field, throwing a frisbee. Eventually, most people left, and Ebony, Victor, Kevin and I just threw the frisbee back and forth, sitting down (we were quite lazy.). I ended up getting sunburnt. It was still fun though. And when I got home, I did some stuff and it was soon time to go to hapkido.

Grandmaster Geoff was here today, and the session itself was a good one. I just want to point out two things that were unique to the class (because a lot of classes are similar in some respects), which was that we did techniques with our eyes closed (which works surprisingly well, except when you try to do a technique with someone behind you. It tricks you a lot.), and in that we did front rolls over thigh pads. That was pretty fun, as you needed a little bit if a run-up. I wouldn't try it on a hard surface any time soon, though. So it was a pretty good class. And when I got home, I blogged, although not quite enough. So here I am.

And that was my day. I know about the late posts; I'm not so thick as to ignore that. It's just getting so... anyway. I'm trying, believe me, I'm trying. Titles don't help. And on that note, I might just sign off on this post, as this closing paragraph is getting nowhere slowly, to quote Futurama.

Partially misleading titles are more than partially annoying,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment