Sunday, June 28, 2009

Give Me A Break

It's just insane. I have been working practically non stop since about 2. And before then, I did basically nothing. Not relaxing, but just nothing. These things happen, I know, but... anyway. All to be explained. Maybe my really relaxing weekend will be next weekend. Or maybe the holidays. And late post again. Guess who I blame! (And the answer is society, folks!)

I woke up around 7-ish, and then went on my DS for a bit. I also went on my laptop, and finished up Friday's post. Then around 9:30-ish, after some time on my laptop, watching TV and so on, I was picked up. At home, I messed around for a bit, doing bits and pieces without really doing anything at all. I blogged a little, and helped EJ out with his game. Around 1:30, Dad, EJ and I left to get lunch. And that's when all the work started.

Once I got home, around 2, we had lunch (mmm, fish cocktails, scallops and chips...), and then I had to go and do the kitchen. This in itself would not be too bad, although it was a bit of an annoyance. Soon, we were all getting into the folding, and the kitchen had to be put on hold. So when the folding was done, it was back to the kitchen. Then back to the folding again. Finally, it was back to the kitchen, and I was finished. Or so I thought. Time for ironing.

If there is one chore I hate most of all, it is ironing. The kitchen serves an obvious purpose, and doesn't involve all that much concentration. Ditto for folding. Cooking involves a lot of concentration, but you get to smell the food. Cleaning a room involves very little concentration, and you can listen to the radio. So on and so forth. You get the picture. Point is, I hate ironing. With a passion. So after that half an hour of torture, I went back to my laptop, and tried to blog. I did finish, but only after dinner and the kitchen, and seemingly endless distractions. But I finally finished.... Saturday's post. And I got about 3 lines of Sunday's post done. A blogger's work is never done. But it's still enjoyable, if annoying once a schedule is thrown out of whack.

And there ends the weekend. It wasn't a relaxing one, I'll admit, but it wasn't not relaxing. Granted, there was a lot of work for a Sunday, but it was still, if you take some time to think about it, a good day. But only really because it was, in fact, a Sunday. The weekend counts for something.

I think my blogging gap is finally starting to close up,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment