Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Cursed Date

It's June 18. Good for my Dad: Happy Birthday Dad! (Yes, their birthdays are next to each other). But June 18 is my bad day. In 2000, I was in hospital with some blood problem on June 18. And the very next year, on the very same date, I ran headfirst at full speed into a flagpole. Today was not as bad as either of those, of course, as I didn't go to hospital. But it was still fairly bad. We'll see how, shall we? And yes, it's a late post. My unlucky streak continues.

Before school, I finished off my post from yesterday, as well as seeing the new YGOTAS episode. It's back, baby! I was dropped off at school, and Period 1 was something called 'Cheap Thrills.' I ended up volunteering for one of the roles before the act started. And how I came to regret that. At one point, the guy was pretending to be his own character's mother (it was one of those plays), and he called upon 'Aunty Pat.' And pointed to me. My face, or so I think, was stuck in an expression of a combination of shock, horror, and 'dear god, please not me.' But I was called up nonetheless, and the torture only lasted for a few minutes. The best thing that could be said about it was that it was a nice waste of a period. The actor said that the events 'could happen to anyone.' But, watching the play, he made it clear that it would only happen to people who drunk underage, stole a car, crashed it, and started smoking marijuana. Message not received.

Period 2 was History, which ended up being just talking about subject selection with Hewie, Alan and Chris, as well as doing a brief amount of work. Recess was trying to see Mulligan (the new Vice Principal) about the Subject Selection Sheet. But he wasn't here. Just my luck. So I went back, and played some 13. Period 3 was Maths, in which Rawson sprung a surprise quiz on us. I have not had a surprise quiz in ages. Possibly ever. And I spent the last part of the quiz working out an answer longways, because I forgot the formula. Then remembered the formula wrongly and changed my answer. Sometimes I can be a royal idiot. Period 4, though, was Science, which was a pretty good lesson. Robson unleashed a program called Audacity, which I have since downloaded. You can make tones, white noise (love the song), and the awesomest feature, you can record your own voice and do stuff to it like change the pitch of it, so you sound like Darth Vader or Mickey Mouse on helium. I love it.

Lunch was the usual. Period 5 was Commerce, which was a bludge, with Lizzie's Commerce group doing their video for the in-class assignment. Period 6 was English, in which possibly the worst event of the day: I got my exam back. The whole thing rested on one interpretation of the story. You get that wrong, say goodbye to a good mark. God. Damn. Kolodziej. He seems insistent on damaging my schooling to the limit with his English marking and the bloody 4 page Drama journal. Anyway. After school, everyone in our Drama group (bar Amy), and Revathy, filling in for Amy, did some work on our assessment. Then at home, I watched some TV, went a bit on my laptop. The usual. I also didn't get to finish the post, so here I am.

To comments, just the one. Slightly pointless, but anyway.
*Ebony: Thank you!

Well, that was my Thursday. The next few posts may be a bit late; there are things on. All to be explained when the day comes.

Happy Birthday Dad,
AB

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday AB's Dad!

    And don't be so datist. June 18 is just fine thankyou very much.

    You are very late to discover audacity. Very. late.

    And yay for English suckage! (I still beat you :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ First
    Again

    ^^ Only
    Again

    You're lame! =)

    ReplyDelete