Thursday, June 25, 2009

Good Luck, Bad Luck

Any other day, this title would be somewhat of a rant about how I had way, way too much work after school (4 hours! Bloody History assignment...). But I had very good luck at school today. So it was a bit of a mixed bag today. And, yes, it is a late post, as usual. History assignment strikes. As well as a few other things.

Before school, I blogged, but I could not finish in time. Period 1 was English, which wasn't doing much at all. Just more work on Animal Farm. Bludging ahoy! Period 2 was Maths, in which we were called up to the board to work out various geometric proofs. It sounds a lot of work, but really it wasn't. It was just another day in A1. Pretty boring. You can guess what Recess was.

Period 3 was Drama, which was talking about our new topic, advertising. Which sounds exactly like something we should be doing in Commerce. Commerce is money, not law. Legal Studies is law. Advertising is money. Making a Bill into an Act is not. I spent most of the period talking to Cameron and messing around on my calculator. Period 4 was Commerce, and as Kearney was away, we had Blake instead (I forgot how awesome she was). For the first half of the lesson, I did a sheet. That was very straight-forward, so for the rest of the lesson, I listened to my iPod and played my GBA, which I have started to take to school. I brought it yesterday, but I forgot to blog about it. I love utter bludges.

Lunch was more 13. At one point, it degenerated into a throwing of cards at each other. For some reason. That's funny, because whenever Andy does it, he says 'Shuriken!', and then proceeds to miss. Periods 5 and 6 were PE, which was pretty boring. Period 5 was some sort of soccer game, at which I sucked. I was yelled at about 5 times for kicking it high. I'd like to set the record straight: I'm not trying to get it high. I tried to kick it along the ground. There is a reason I don't play soccer (I work best at goalie, where I can pick it up and kick it.). Period 6 was basketball, in which we played basketball. I was the source of fun (for me and everyone else), as when it came to playing, I was good (I could dribble and run fairly well), but when I went to put the ball in the hoop, I could not get it in. I got it in once, after I was directly under the hoop and I already missed one. So Estelle and Matthew spent 20 minutes trying to show me how to throw the ball. From 20 tries, I probably got it in once. Towards the end, I decided I wanted to have one last shot at a hoop. This bit deserves its own paragraph.

OK, there are two hoops in the hall, the lower one near the bavk, which is probably something like 2 metres off the ground, and the higher one near the front, which at a guess is about 4.5 metres off the ground. I thought to myself: 'Well, if I'm not gonna get the low one, I might as well not get the high one.' I took the ball and positioned myself directly in front of the hoop. I took brief aim and threw. The ball traced a gentle arc through the air, and went directly through the middle of the high hoop. 'Oh my god, OH MY GOD!' I said, as the ball fell into the hoop. Two thoughts immediately ran through my head: 'Oh my god, I did it!,' and then immediately, 'I need eyewitnesses. Now.' I went to Ebony and Shailin, who were sitting on the stage directly in front: 'Please tell me you saw that.' Luckily they did, and now I will tell the story of the high hoop to anyone and everyone who will listen, and a couple who won't. And Ebony can back me up.

Then at home, my luck turned for the worse, as Mother Nature balances out my so far fantastical luck. I promptly spent the next 5 hours on my History assignment. I had to scrap everything I'd done at the beginning as I couldn't find any relevant quotes, which the assignment demanded. So I restarted the whole thing. When it was finally finished, my computer stuffed up, necessitating two restarts, and then the printer refused to work right the first time. Now the title of the post becomes clear.

And that was my Thursday. Sorry for the really late post, there was a big thing on Friday that stopped me from blogging in time. And as this is two days late, Friday's post will be late as well. Saturday's and Sunday's maybe. It'll remain to be seen. Also... it's 100,000 words! That's a blogging milestone! Thank you Word Count!

100,000 words I've done, and many more still to go,
AB

1 comment:

  1. I think you should pick a day not to blog about so that you may possibly catch up.

    Well done for 100 000 words.

    Ebony can back you up, but will she??

    Haha for having to restart History.

    Oh, and btw - I watched Monty Python today. Yes, yes, it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete