Monday, June 15, 2009

It's Always Mondays

I'm not sure if the grammar in that is right. But it's 9 on Monday night. I can be excused from grammatical sense. But, anyway. To my Monday.

Before school, I talked to Ebony about the Drama project (of which the script is done, thanks to Pradeepti), and the Drama journal. That's gonna be a weekend thing. I also handed in my English assignment before school, because I forgot to bring a rubber band. Period 1 was Science, which was doing more work on that induction coil from Friday. We also did some work on electromagnetism. Next was Computer Maths, which was, in fact doing Maths on the computers. But it was just rote Excel work. I do not enjoy that type of Computer Maths, especially when I can't get on the internet or go on Geometer's Sketchpad. Even when work is done. Bloody hell. Recess was the usual.

Periods 3 and 4 were double Ag, which was going down to the goat shed to vaccinate the goats. I also talked to Hewie, Alan and Ebony about the social tomorrow; I'm still not sure if I'll come as anything. I'll have to see. I have a few ideas, but... anyway. We were vaccinating goats. I also confirmed something I have suspected: Goats hate me. It's not that they do anything to me, it's just they make life frustrating. It took me something like 8 goes just to vaccinate one goat. I had to pick the only one with no skin to grab, and to top it off it just kept moving. When I went to hold them, they even pulled away. It was annoying. But I ended up vaccinating it. I also talked to people about the quality of teachers in the school. For some reason. The conversation just veered on to that subject, as well as my brother coming to Hurlstone and private schools comparing to selective schools. Don't ask me why, it just did.

Lunch was 13, except I actually had a fairly good winning streak. So did Eric. He only got out once. Bloody hell. Period 5 was English, of which the first part was talking about the exam. I got good signs, and I got bad signs. I'll have to see the actual exam. We also listened to more scenes from Macbeth, and I really hope it's better on stage. Because if it's anything like the way it is on tape, it isn't going to be very good. It's not bad as such, but it's unprofessional and it sounds too much like they're reading from a script. Anyway. Period 6 was History, which was just doing work out of class. And while I was out of class for about 5 minutes, I saw people from Holsworthy High, presumably here for something like cross country. I didn't think much of it, except as a curiosity - yet. When tying my shoe, I heard a voice that called 'AB!' Without thinking I looked up, and saw these 5 Holsworthy kids, who promptly went 'You went to Holsworthy!' and went for a hi-5. At this point, I thought 'Why me?' People always seem to know me, and I have no idea who they are. It's happened time and time again. It gets really frustrating. Anyway. When the bell went, I went home, and then celebrated having no English project by watching TV and going on my laptop. I'll probably get in to my Drama journal around Thursday, when I actually have a decent time to do it after school.

Around 6:45, I left for hapkido. This lesson, I snuck a signature in, and also learnt just how long I have been gone. My kicks are worse than they were, my rolls have degenerated a bit, and Dylan is now an orange belt. From now on, no extended breaks if I can help it. But, there is some semblance of normality, as Grandmaster Geoff is still there and Nick is still a white belt. If I make it to orange belt before him, I will be slightly ashamed.

As there are no comments, this is my last paragraph. Tomorrow's post will be a late one, because of the social (hooray for the social!). I also noticed something on the horizon, on my word count: It's gradually nearing 100,000 words. Which comes to something like 700 words a post. When I started I was lucky to get 350. Anyway. Something of interest, to nobody but me.

Bloody Mondays,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment