Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Revenge is Sweeter: Tour '09

In one word: amazing. In another: incredible. We left at 5:30 to pick up Shay's friend Keira (a very nice girl) and we left for the concert. We drove around and around the arena, until Jo finally gave up and dropped us off. In the wrong line, but it was a simple mistake. They opened the doors at about 7, and we took our seats. We were up the top in a raised platform, to the left and back. It was still a great seat though, because we could see everything.

The first band was a band called Short Stack. I hadn't heard of them, but Shaylee had. They were pretty good, I say, and I'd like to hear more of them. I think they played about 3 or 4 songs, and then Metro Station. And I really love Metro Station, so I was up there dancing (by dancing, I mean shouting the lyrics and jumping up and down). They played about 5 or 6 songs, and ended with 'Shake It.' They were very, very good live, they played it up for the audience, and the songs were very well-played.

Next, came the Veronicas. They really played it up, and it was obvious this was concert hype at its finest. Lights, dancers, computerised light shows, disco balls, you name it. And the somgs were amazing. 'Hook Me Up,' 'Popular,' 'Untouched,' every Veronicas song you could care to name was there. I ended up buying their's and Metro Station's albums at the souvenir stand. the concert ended at 10:30, and I got home around midnight. I also slept in, thank god.

It's not many words, but a concert is not something you can express with words. I've learnt this, and I want to see more concerts. And I suggest to all of you to go see at least 1 this year. Britney Spears is supposedly going to be here in September, and you can guess who's gonna be pushing for seats.

Seeing it live,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment