Saturday, February 14, 2009

Today, on Valentine's Day...

Nothing happened. And that was the entire problem. This blog might (emphasis on might) be shorter, and I'm going to have another rant; much like yesterday, except, today will be less poignant and maybe a bit more serious. (And this blog post isn't straight-forward, a 'that's what happened' post. It's more like a stream-of-consciousness thing.)

It is my belief that society revolves around 2 things: love, and war. And everybody wants one and nobody wants the other, but both are there, and, I think, will always be there. Valentine's Day is a day to cherish love, and forget war. And while I sit on my bed, writing on my blog, listening to music on my headphones at 8:55, I can't help but think about love, especially today. And how it seems that everybody has it but me. Of course, I know in my head that's a load of crap: so many people are single, and in my group, basically everyone is, and a few have given up on love. But I haven't. Still, it seems that way. The last paragraph in yesterday's post sums it up. And I realise I'm about the only person who reads this thing, but you know what: I don't care. Ever since Tuesday (has it really been only Tuesday?) I've written at least 2800 words on this blog, and it is my vent, just a place I can talk to myself and it seems perfectly normal. Anyway, this love thing. Who knows, hey? I don't love anyone (as in gf-wise, not family-wise), but I want to. And that just seems to nag at my gut.

I should stop. I'm depressing myself. All I know is, I'm here. I could say, and I heard this on TV today: 'I'm not single, I'm available.' I could say that. But it's not what I'm thinking. And I hear from Cam and Victor that love hurts, love eats you up. Well, lack of it is doing the same thing.

Writing music helps. I like to write lyrics. It's enjoyable, and it's another way to vent. Cryptically, in songs, but here it's straight-forward (sort of). And this is better. The blog I mean. There's a line in 'White Noise,' which says: 'How can something unspoken seem so loud?' That line is brilliant (as is the song.) and it really says what I'm thinking here.

That's my blog for today. It may seem like I didn't say much (and it's only about 400 words. Doesn't seem that much.), but I think I've actually said more here than in any other blog post. If you know what I mean.

Enjoy your Valentine's Day, *sigh*,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment