Monday, February 23, 2009

Smooth Sailing and The List

That's right people, I'm still using that metaphor. I like it. It's good. Anyway, I'll tell you about my day, then I'll get straight into The List. (That's right, I'm using capital letters. Dun dun dah!)

I woke up half an hour late. Bloody iSlim. I mean, it's good, but not as an alarm clock. Meh. Before school, there was, how shall we say, some difficulties that were cleared up in Recess. I'm not being very specific, and I'll get to why in a minute. Period 1 was English, in which the only interesting thing that happened was that I was called into Ms. Webber's office to check up on something that happened in Sport. That was cleared up in Recess. Period 2 was Maths, and was even less exciting. ...I don't think anything actually happened. W00t! Recess, and the ship came out of the choppy waters with Cam, and it looks like smooth sailing from now on. (This metaphor shouldn't come out anymore. Emphasis on shouldn't.) Matt also knows I know about his blog. Eh, might as well give a link. Period 3 was Drama, and it was theory. Joy. Then Commerce, which was more work. Lunch, and nothing particularly exciting happened. Then it was prac PE, and we worked out out groups for Dance. (...I know. Dance. Joy.) I'm with Oishi and Nancy. They're new. They seem really nice. I think it'll be fun working with them. Then I caught the bus home with my brother. More joy. OK, now to the list. Victor may have done 10, but I'm doing 9. 9 is fine (which rhymes. W00t!). No, scratch that, I thought of someone else. 10 people. Friends, not family. OK, they're random. And probably unlike Victor's, it's fairly straight-forward who you are. So, let's see.

1. OK, I'll start with you. Why not. You're a fun guy to be around, you love the same things I do (reading and Abridged come to mind.), and you sort of remind me of me. I don't understand why people pick on you. They just do. But no matter what anyone says, you're a great guy. Here's to you.

2. Wow. This is random. You're also really great, my fellow nerd. You've changed a lot. You're more sarcastic, less gullible, and shorter. Sorry. We don't talk that much since I went up in Maths, but I still consider you a great friend.

3. Speaking of short, you definitely aren't anymore. You're fun to be around, as you always have been, and to my knowledge we've basically never fought (maliciously). You also have the same name as my brother (OK, that gives it away. Ah, screw it.). You also have to see more Abridged. You also like popcorn, I'll say that (:P lol). Way to go, man!

4. Hmm. OK, sure. You are also fun to be around, if you stop hanging around with Number 9. How ironic that you're number 4 (on my list). But, I should let go of that. Keep hanging around with him, don't let me stop you. You're fun. You also love soccer. A lot. But, seriously, you're a great dude. See you in Maths, man.

5. OK. You're a great friend, and I'm glad after all these years, such storms (screw it, I'll say it. Celtic Storms.) can be forgiven and we can get on with our friendship. Remember that I'm here for your 'problem,' and also to just learn to laugh at yourself. We all have. But, seriously, despite your flaws (or perhaps because of), we'll always be friends. Cheers!

6. I haven't seen you since last year. Hopefully we can be pen pals when you go off to Uni. That's all I can really say, other than thanks for the bookmark, and I hope we'll always be friends. Thanks for the chocolate!

7. Speaking of not seeing each other, I haven't seen you in... wow, just over 3 years. And yet still we're as close as ever we were. Really. I don't care what other people think, you're one of my best friends. Hopefully I'll see you sometime in June or July. Wouldn't that be awesome, hey! With any luck, I'll see you then. Sweet!

8. Mate, you're an amazing friend. I love our in-jokes, and it's great that you're always there to talk to. I think you're a great guy, and I consider you one of my best friends. Just remember that I'll always be here if you need me. Rock on!

9. Ah. You. You're only here because I wanted to rant about you; I don't consider you a friend. There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. What I think of you could fill up a lot of pages. Stop acting the victim, stop pretending you're something you're not, andstop bloody being a caricature of yourself. I don't wish you any harm, I simply wish you to piss off.

10. My best friend. They do say save the best 'til last. And that's just what happened. We've known each other for ages. We'll always remain friends. I owe you a lot. Hopefully we can rant some more, if we want to. Just remember: Black Fingernails, Diet Coke! Thanks for everything.

It's been a while, but that's it. I have withheld names, but I suppose it's pretty clear who you are. And now, I feel much better. Really. This feels nice.

Thanks for being a part of my life,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment