Saturday, February 21, 2009

The World is Crazy

That's my quote. Right there. The world is insane, crazy, mental, twisted, and everyone is caught in some 3-D Escher painting. And sometimes you're caught by its mangled web, and sometimes you spin it. This may seem a bit cynical, but, really, you have to acknowledge that fact. So in view of what I just said, let's see my day.

I got up at 6 to go to cricket, and played until about 10 or 11. In that 4 hours, I didn't really do much. I didn't bowl, and our team didn't really bat (read: only for about 2 overs). So we can basically skip that part. I get home, mow some of the lawns, and at about 3 or 4, everything just collapsed. I can take a look at these in order; first my Dad, who makes a fair point, from his point of view, and second Cam, who went, in my opinion went a bit, let's say, odd. If you're wondering why I made that bold, I'll get to that.

First, my Dad. I think it started when he was mucking around with my brother (who is about 10 and a half) and he ended up squashing him, inadvertently of course. Long story short, my bro tried to stop him crushing him, and my Dad thought he was just kidding. I hate misunderstandings. Anyway, my Dad, who works in Canberra, started feeling underappreciated, and called us in for a talk. It made fair sense, and he seemed very distressed. It would have been nice should he have let my brother make his side, but that's what you get for being 10. I didn't get to say much anyway.

Second, and this is the bloody annoying one. Cam sends me an email, apparently finding something wrong with this and this post. And then he starts onto me about how he 'didn't give him forms to fill out about using his name.' WT7? So he says he'll start informing people (read: Head of Student Welfare, or something) within 24 hours. As you'll see, there is nothing changed. That's because there is such a thing as freedom of speech. Cam used these expressions: defamation, slander, and cyber-bullying. As you can see, those last three things link to Wikipedia articles (all hail thine information god. I'm being sarcastic here, I'm a bloody atheist.) To defend my freedom of speech (that phrase is used twice now.), defamation is supposed to be false being passed off as true. As the article says, opinion is not counted, and is 'inherently not falsifiable' . Cam, my opinion of you has, in all honesty and bluntness, dropped several notches. I hope you're happy; I'm not.

That ends my rant. This is making me pissed off, so I'll stop. This post was supposed to be about Episode 33 of Abridged coming out and the podcast of it not working as well as misquoted expressions (to quote Ep 33: 'The enemy of my friend is also my enemy,' as well as 'I'm not British, I'm just gay.' See the series to know what I'm talking about.), but more important things came out. Ah, how crazy is the world.

May your day have not been as insane as mine,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment