Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Another One In the Dust

OK, there was a dust storm in Sydney today; I'll get to that, most likely in the first real paragraph. But, you know, I had a most favourable opportunity to quote Queen (what other songs have 'dust' in them?), and I did. You know how I love Queen, and if you don't, you really should. Anyway. Let's have a look at my day, which was just downright bizarre in some cases.

I woke up at 6, as I do, and I looked out of the window, you know, just glancing. The whole of the outside was a dark orange colour, almost red. It seemed like the windows were tinted; it was freaky. It was as if the house had been teleported to Mars. Wikipedia already has an article on it (I mean, wow, that was quick), but it also has a picture. The outside of my house looked something like this (I didn't take this picture, mind you. But the whole of Sydney looked like this, so, yeah.). It started to clear after a while, after powerful winds swept the dust cloud away, gradually but surely.

When I got to school, most of the dust cloud had gone, but there was still dust on almost everything. Periods 1 and 2 were PE, in which Wilson said that, due to health problems caused by the dust, we couldn't go outside. So what we did for the two periods was go into the dance studio and look for magazine cutouts in Men's Health and those types of magazines for our PE scrapbook (which is due Friday week. Goddamn!). However, as I'm doing road safety, and that was in none of the magazines (I didn't really expect it to be), I just read the mags, read some of the book I brought, and worked out the plot for the book I'm trying to write. I haven't looked at it in a while, and I thought that I might as well get back to it.

Recess was 31, since John and Andy weren't here. Period 3 was Commerce, in which we went to the computer rooms to do some more of our assignment. I really hope I finish soon; what with the Geo assignment and the PE assignment. Oh, I can't wait for the holidays. But, yeah, pretty much the entire period was a bludge. Most computer periods are. Lunch was 13 with me, Kevin and Victor, since Ebony was with her friends.

Next was School Sport, or rather it would be if not for that dust storm this morning. Like in PE, it was still a health hazard (it apparently was to be for the whole day). So what we did was go to one of the Ag rooms and watch 'Groundhog Day.' So what we did was go to one of the Ag rooms and watch 'Groundhog Day.' (OK, that was intentional. If you have watched the movie, you will find that funny. If not, you will most likely be completely confused. Watch it.). While we watched the movie, we also played cards. After Sport (in name only), I got home, and did some assignment. At around 7, we left for hapkido.

Shirisha was there (she wasn't there on Monday, apparently), but Grandmaster Geoff wasn't. I'm not entirely sure why, but I suspect he'll tell us so next Monday, if he's there. Instead, we had this black belt (I'm not sure of his name, but he's there a bit), who worked us quite a bit. After my class off on Monday, I was still working into it. At the end of the class, while waiting around in meditation, I saw the receptionist bring out an orange belt. My heart rose in anticipation; and sank in disappointment, after it transpired that it belonged to somebody else. Soon, soon I will get it. When I got home, I blogged, but not enough. So here I am.

To comments now, one from Mango.
*Mango: Curse you and your radians! I've known about that calculator function for ages, man, and you take it off me. That just ain't fair! Lol.

And that was my day. Sorry for the later post, although it was a much longer one. I do like the long post, though you may have already known that. I just like to write a lot. Anyway. I'll attempt to get back on schedule soon, though we'll just have to see.

Don't I love to quote Queen,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment