Sunday, September 6, 2009

Father's Day '09

I know that my last '... '09' was a bit of a last-ditch effort for a title. But this title, this title works, as it succinctly says what my day was about. Or, whatever. Anyway. Yes, it is a late post, reading this post and yesterday's post should explain it all. And if you still don't like it, then, well, it's my blog, and I decide when I post. So, there. Well, let's quit the ranting and get to my day, shall we?

I got up at 7:45, when we gave our Father's Day presents. EJ had had a stall at his school, as primary schools do, but I had really no opportunity to get anything at all. So I offered to pay for one of my Mum and Dad's frequent trips to Gloria Jean's. Not too good, but on such short notice, it's the best I could do. Around 9, we left for Nanny and Poppa's, or my Mum's dad (we couldn't exactly go to my Dad's dad: he lives in Toowoomba). When we got there, we saw what Poppa was working on, with him being a bit of an amateur carpenter. I only say amateur because that's not his job, though: he's actually really good. He's professional, if not a professional, if that makes sense. EJ and I then ended up playing magnetic darts, which was his gift to my Dad. We played first to 1000 points (and with the highest points you could possibly get being 100, and neither of us being possibly that good, that took a long while). I won, but it was close. I then went to read my book, and at around 12, we got lunch.

For lunch, I had my standard: as much potato salad as I could get my hands on (mmm, potato salad...). However, my Uncle Jason had cooked chicken kebabs, and I am a big sucker for kebabs. I think I ended up with 5, which is a lot, to say the least. After dinner, we all talked about cricket and footy and what-not, and Poppa then ended up taking out these old photos. And you could really tell they were old; they had negatives (it's like the actual picture, but inverted). He also had these semi-transparent projector slides (with Kodak on them, of course), which, when held up to the light, you could see right through as if they were an actual photo, albeit small, and the quality was really good (as in, if they were taken today. Probably because they were small, but still.). He also got out some really old photos, such as a picture of my Mum at maybe 4, at a guess, and my grandfather's first car and girlfriend. Yeah. I then went to read more of my book. We left at about 1:30, to go to Shay's, to watch the footy.

We all stuck around for a bit, and then Mum went off to our house while EJ went to play with Lachlan on the Wii and trampoline and so on, and Dad and I stayed in the lounge room to watch the Magpies-Saints game. We stayed for the entire game, although Jo and Shay had to go out to do some stuff. That did give me an opportunity, however, to go on Shay's laptop, so I could at least start Saturday's post (which is the first time I could go on a computer of any sort during the day. Hence why the posts are late, and I'm rushing to do this one.). We got home at about 4, after St Kilda won convincingly by 28 points. And for the rest of the night, I tried to blog as much as I could. I did get Saturday's post done, and I started Sunday's post; when my computer crashed. Of bloody course. So here I am, blogging.

And that was how my weekend went. I hope that now you understand why my schedule was thrown out more than it already was, and why now I am struggling to catch up. And with hapkido on Monday, well, I'm sure you can get what I'm trying to say here. Not my fault. Well, not really. Anyway.

I swear I'll try to get back on track soon,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment