Thursday, September 10, 2009

Damn These Assignments

I could come up with a title that is catchy, though it would probably become an exercise in futility as I will most likely end with an alliterative title and call it a day. Or, I could just say that I've had enough of these bloody assignments. 3 periods today were to do with assignments. 3! Anyway. Enough of my ranting and let's see my day, shall we? (Please note: most of that first paragraph was put there because I couldn't think of much. Although, you can't blame me on this one. Blame society!)

Period 1 was Geography was doing the Geo assignment, and it's coming along nicely, if a bit slowly. When some of the other, more urgent projects are completed, I can focus on that. And then I can begin to really focus on the PE project. It's just one of those terms where assignments never seem to cease; there's always another one ready to strike. Period 2 was Science, in which we had Bruce for the first 'official' time, by which I mean Robson left this morning, so Bruce has our class for the next few weeks, so this is his first day actually really teaching. And he started off spectacularly, giving us an assignment due Thursday week. A substitute gave us an assignment. It just doesn't seem to add up. The assignment was that he gives us a disease, and we then make a presentation on it. I did have rickets, but I was able to change it to juvenile diabetes, only really because I can ask Shay all about it. And a good thing too, Wikipedia has maybe two or three times as much on juvenile diabetes than of rickets. Recess was 13, of course.

Period 3 was Ag, in which we went down to the farm to finish up our hoeing. And about time too, although I have enjoyed listening to Tom Lehrer on my iPod. We got into groups, and drew straws to see what row we would fix up. I drew for my group, and got the best row, so for most of the period, we just added a bit of dirt here and there. All of the other groups, though, threw rocks at our row, presumably because we had the best one. Period 4 was PE theory, in which we got into groups, and tried to work out how it would stop us finding out health information, which was a much better period than it sounded. I made many a joke, such as what a doctor would tell you if they didn't speak very good English ('Go find better doctor!'), and a major problem with parents who didn't speak English. In parent/teacher interviews, Wilson gets the kids to translate. Do you see the problem with this? What happens if Wilson tells the kid to tell the parent that they are doing bad at school. Aha!

Lunch was cards, and in which yet another funny thing happened. Andy said 'Get a life!' for some reason. One kid, who was passing by (perfectly ordinary; he was just some kid who happened to be walking near us at the time), just said, out of the blue, 'You get a life, Andy!' And just kept walking. Like nobody had said anything. He hadn't even stopped to say it. He was just walking. It was hilarious; Kevin and I just cracked up. Period 5 was the Year Assembly, in which the school song was slow and the national anthem was fast, and in which Norris talked on and on in a monotone for about half an hour. Period 6 was Drama, and our group was celebrating the finish of our assignment. While going through all of the parts, Shane then asked, 'Who did the justification?' We all looked at each other. Somebody (I think it was Cam) asked 'What justification...' I then asked Shane if he had the notification, and he got it out. There it was: 400-500 words. We all scrambled, and it was up to me to do it, as I wrote the quickest. I wrote and wrote, pretty much continuously, for 45 minutes. I got one and a half pages done, trying to remember the ad, then making up elements such as music and fitting it to the ad. It was tough work. When I got home, I blogged a bit, and I was also able to play Battlefield Heroes for a bit. But I didn't really get to post, so here I am.

And that was my day. Sorry for my late post, with assignments and all that, I wasn't really able to post. And if you don't like it, then I simply say it's my blog. So, yeah. I can't think of any ideas for the closing paragraph (yeah, I know), so I'll just finish up here.

I have had enough of late posts,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment