Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Seventh Kup: Orange

That's right; I have finally got my orange belt! And yes, my title may seem strange at first, but we martial artists from hapkido call orange belt seventh kup. So I've decided to call any belt promotion that from now on. Anyway. Without further ado, to my day.

Role Call was reading, of course. Period 1 was Maths, in which we did some work from a sheet. You know, the type of work which isn't so hard that you just look at it and go, 'Enough of this!', but isn't so easy that you do it in 5 minutes, then mess around for the rest of the period. No, it was just work. It kept me working, though, and I was able to remember stuff that I'd forgotten. So, congrats maths staff, your plan worked. Period 2 was Drama, where we tried to watch 'Thank God You're Here,' brought in by Alice. However, for some reason it wasn't working because the geographical location was off (is it so hard to make DVDs work anywhere? Or, failing that, make the computer realise it's in Australia and not Western Europe? Or am I missing something?). So we tried my 'Fawlty Towers' disc, which worked even though they were both Australian. Does that make sense? No. Do I care? No, because we got to watch 'The Germans,' one of the funniest, if not the funniest episode of 'Fawlty Towers' ever made. Recess was cards.

Period 3 was Commerce, in which Kearney was away. So we didn't hand our assignments in. Bloody hell, that's annoying. However, considering I didn't stay up late to finish it (as some people did; they were annoyed, to say the least.), it's OK. Just means I'll have to hand it in tomorrow. In the actual period, I pretty much read for the whole lesson. We really didn't do much. Lunch was cards with John, Kevin and Victor, as Ebony was away.

It was then School Sport, which was a very big bludge. We started off playing cards, then changed to flicking rubber bands around (this is still in the Main Quad, because they were playing cricket there). I can now shoot rubber bands with my hands, which is somewhat of a feat (well, not really. Anyway.). We then somehow started throwing sticks up in trees to try to get them caught amongst the branches. I don't exactly know how. Victor, Kevin and John all got one stuck up there on their first try, it took me about 20 goes. Oy. We then went to the music rooms, after Cam had gotten back, and messed around on the keyboards. And when I got home, I did some assignment, and at around 7, we left for hapkido.

OK, the title sorta gave away the drama of this. But I'll persevere just the same as if it didn't. I got to hapkido, and I stretched, as I do. Shirisha was there, so we talked to her, and so on. In the class itself, we did quite a few things, including something that we haven't done for a while: rolling. I wasn't bad, though, but I might need some more practice to catch up. After the class, while we were sitting in our circle, Grandmaster Geoff called my name up, and he gave me my orange belt. Me, I couldn't stop smiling. When all that was done, I got a photo, and then I got home, where I blogged.

Comment replying time, one from Mango:
*Mango: Let's see... 'writing a comment telling you that I...' Que? I've tried reading that several times; please, please make that easier to read. The first sentence takes up half of the comment.

And that was my day. Damn, I'm still trying not to smile about getting my orange belt; it's not working. I mean, that took me almost 6 months to get that belt, I think I have a right to be completely and utterly pleased with myself, don't you think? Anyway. Sorry for the late-ish post; blame the PE assignment. And society.

Orange down; next stop, yellow,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment