Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Guess Who's Back

...at school. OK, I'm trying to keep up this good title run. This one may not be as good as the last two, but it's probably better than some of the other ones. Anyway. Let's have a look at what happened on this Tuesday, in which I actually went to school (as evidenced by the title and explanation), and I wasn't even sick once.

Before school, it transpired that Mum had been sick in the night; she'd caught our bug. Though, if it's anything like ours, she'll be better soon. Period 1 was Maths, in which I found out that I missed a period on radians (and after all that time messing around on my calculator using radians... Here's the Wikipedia article for it, just in case.). What we actually did was start a new topic on probabilities, but, of course, nobody was around to get my 'Hitchhiker's Guide' jokes (Infinite Improbability, Heart of Gold; read the books if you have no idea what I'm talking about. They are excellent.). It was a fairly boring period, really. Period 2 was Drama, in which we watched the videos for the ads for all the groups. Kolodziej marked the wrong videos at least three times, by my reckoning; and ours looked pretty good, I think. We had to cut it down, though, by about 30 seconds, which led to it looking a bit rushed, to say the least. Ah well. It still looks pretty good. Recess was cards.

Period 3 was Commerce, in which we went to the computer rooms to do some of the Commerce assignment. The assignment is coming along well, though we'll still need some more time on the computers, of course. After the Geography assignment, of course (thanks for reminding me, me!). In between periods, I stopped by the office just to hand in the note saying why I was away. Period 4 was Science. In that, we had a look at the agar plates. There were mixed successes, with some getting 15 on the good part of the plate, as well as a lot of people who got next to nothing (Ebony actually got more on the sterilised part of the plate than the supposedly bacteria-friendly section. Why is a good question.). We also heard more of the presentations, and got our marks back (I got 4.5 out of 5. As, seemingly, half the class did as well.). Lunch was cards. We also learnt Andy's middle name: 'Phuc.' I don't think it's pronounced like... well, you know, but it's still pretty funny. Like that city in Thailand, Phuket. Anyway.

Period 5 was English, in which we read a short story dealing with the odd one out. This one was about an overweight teenager who is on a camping trip (I think) with friends and she realises that one of her friends is ultra-skinny from bulimia. I mean, skin-painted-on-bones skinny. Yeah. That wasn't actually badly written. Anyway. Period 6 was History, in which we watched a video on Gough Whitlam (did you know his first name is Edward? Neither did I!). Pretty much a bludge really. And so for the rest of the day, I talked on MSN and did some of my Geo assignment. On MSN, I was also told by Leeza that it was confirmed: she was, in fact, coming to Sydney! Ah, good times.

To comments now, 1 from 1 person.
*Mango: Well... yeah. There used to be heaps of people reading (or at least commenting), and now there's not that many. Ah well. That happens.

That was my day. Sorry for the late post, blame society (damn them!). And also this thrown off schedule. Eh, I'll get around to putting posts up on time soon. Until then, late posts will be the norm. I'm sure I've said this before.

I like being free from illness,
AB

1 comment:

  1. lol you missed the period on raidans. thats what you get for screwing up my calculator. lol.

    ReplyDelete