Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Grins and Gridiron

Yes, it ain't the greatest title. However, this day was not one for a good title, so I had to turn to an online thesaurus (oh, how that thesaurus has saved my ass so many times), and look up comedy, because there was some funny stuff in my day. And grins worked. Yeah. Anyway. To my day, which has a late post, naturally. Blame assignments and society.

Period 1 was English, in which we finished the movie 'Shine' that we'd been watching for the past few periods. We're gonna be talking about it for the next few periods, which I think will be pretty good, surprisingly. Of course, I'd rather be talking about the assignment (it's due on Friday, dammit!), but this is good too, I suppose. Period 2 was Maths, in which we did some of the chapter review. It's fairly simple, and it was just pretty much working. You know, no bludging, no stressful work, just doing work. Recess was cards.

Period 3 was Drama, in which we went to the music rooms (since the Drama room was closed for the HSC music courses; go figure), and went to modernise 'Oedipus Rex.' I was with Cameron, and we twisted it up like crazy. The ancient Greek classic tragedy with King Oedipus in it turned into, after some brainstorming, into a comedy (or at least black humour. It's comedic, anyway.) set in the deep south of America (which is really funny considering what happens in the play) with the owner of a farm, Cletus (Cam's idea. I thought it was too 'Simpsony,' but I got shot down.). Period 4 was Commerce, in which we went to the computer rooms to start (get this) another assignment. I actually should be pretty thankful: all the other classes handed theirs in today, and we have 5 periods of class time to work on it. So I suppose it would save time clashing with all the other assignments (which are Science, English, Geography, Commerce and PE, in order of when they should be handed in). Lunch was the standard, although it did result in a pretty, shall we say, dramatic exit from me as I realised that I did not have my PE stuff with me. I said 'Excuse me' in a calm voice, then shot off like a rocket to the computer labs, with a loud 'Crap!' to sound my exit.

Periods 5 and 6 were double PE, in which we did Gridiron. I learnt from my mistakes of Monday, and decided that stopping people with my hands was perhaps not the best idea. However, I did take up the position of, when defending, stopping people with my shoulders and my body weight; and when attacking, either running around people or barreling straight through them. That was pretty fun, actually, and I don't think I really hurt people that much, which is lucky for me (except Corinne, though, when our arms smashed into each other. Sorry, Corinne!). And when I got home, I did some of my assignment, and attempted to print something. However, it turns out that there was no ink in the printer (and on the week when two assignments are due. Spectacular.), and I had wasted precious time. Oy vey. But I did get some done, though I didn't get to blog. So here I am.

And that was my day. This post was too late, but mainly because of hapkido, assignments, and a backed up post schedule. Everything's just happening at once, I suppose. Ah well. That's the way the world turns, hey?

Assignmenting will soon have to go into overdrive,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment