Thursday, September 17, 2009

English Finish

Which rhymes! Sort of. Anyway (ignoring my title please). What I mean is that my English assignment is finished! Hours of work since Saturday have finally culminated in one 8 page booklet. But not before many setbacks and turmoils. All this to be explained in this episode of AB: A Blog (I still haven't got theme music yet).

Before school, while at school, we talked about the English assignment, and Ebony brought up the fact that we had to include the class text in one of the questions. My jaw dropped open. I didn't do it. Luckily, it didn't have to be done straight away. Period 1 was Science, in which it transpired that we didn't have to do our presentations just yet. Oy vey. What we actually did was swipe some bacteria from benches onto agar plates for no apparent reason. We also got, in what was seemingly inevitable, a completely new assignment, due next term. For the love of god... Period 2 was Geography, in which I did both some of the English and the Geography assessments. Ah, it never ends. Recess was cards.

Period 3 was English, in which we discussed the movie that we'd been watching in class, 'Shine.' We all had differing opinions about some of the stuff that happened in it, but I think the majority of the class liked it. I certainly did. We also talked about the techniques that were in the movie, which I guess a lot of people used to do a lot of their assignments on at the last minute. I started mine on Saturday, though. I'm the smart one (S-M-R-T, I mean, S-M-A-R-T). Period 4 was Maths, in which we did some more 3-D trigonometry. Really hard trig. Like, you try to figure it out and your brain starts short circuiting trying to figure it out. That type of thing. Lunch was also cards.

Period 5 was Drama, in which we did more modernisation of 'Oedipus Rex.' But, as Cam was away on some Irish music festival (I think; don't quote me), I ended up going with Allie, Lucy and Alice. Near the end, the class did some of their presentations. The absolute best has Pradeepti, Rutherford and Tansy in it, so they kicked ass. Tansy was Oedipus, who worked for a gangster, Pradeepti. Amy was a prostitute, which is where the whole giving away the son, then later "marrying" him came in. It was hilarious, and they called it none other than 'Underpus.' Classic. Period 6 was Commerce, in which I did some of my Commerce assignment. It's a neverending cycle, hey? After school, we went to the gates to get to the station, as we do: only to find that they were shut. Not just shut, but padlocked. I then put two and two together and worked out that it was Johnny, who had a lock and chain with him at Lunch. We did manage to get through, though.

When I got home, I did a lot of my assignment, and around 6:30, Oma arrived at our house after Dad and EJ came by from the station. Usually, I would be talking to her for ages and so on, but English still wasn't finished and it had to get done. So I worked until about 8, when it was finished. Of course, my luck dictates that it can't possibly be that easy (Annoying!), and it took me and my dad an hour to get it working, after the email stuffed up and we had to get the printer working. Oy vey. But by 9 it was printed and done, and I then spent the rest of the night blogging.

And that was my day. Sorry about the late post; it was actually weekend procrastination this time, as well as the assignment. Ah well. Soon I'll get back into the schedule, and then a little stress will be alleviated from my assignment-filled life.

One assignment down, too many to go,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment