Monday, September 28, 2009

That's Mondaymatics

Well, I was going to title this 'The Beginning of the End.' But, erm, I've already used that (damn my preemptive title stealing!). So I've decided to make a reference to Tom Lehrer, and his classic song, 'That's Mathematics' (here it is. Soon I hope to sing it.). I also use it to mention how it's Monday. So, yeah. Let's have a look at my day.

Period 1 was Geography, where we changed rooms for some reason or another. We never got told why. What we just did in class was look through topographic maps. And I'm not the biggest fan of topographic maps (seriously, what's the point?). We also looked at longitude and latitude; I still can't tell them apart. I am getting better, but it's a slow thing. Period 2 was Science, in which Robson returned! It's been a while. He started off the lesson by talking about his trip to China, in which it appeared he was pretty lucky. Apparently, he was one of two people out of 30 in his tour group who wasn't awfully sick (as in, in their hotel rooms unable to move or in hospital). What we actually did in class (apart from the 20 minute talk about his trip) was look at Newton's Third Law again, featuring another return of the mutant horse (man, I should really trademark that, last seen almost 3 weeks ago (specifically, September 9). Recess was spent talking to mostly Ian about history (ultra-nerdy, I know. But Genghis Khan and the Mongol Empire is a really interesting topic) and John and such about Battlefield Heroes.

Period 3 was Agriculture, where we did another budget for a farm. What it really is an exercise in calculator work, and if you know what you're doing, it's really easy (hell, even if you don't know what you're doing. It's putting numbers in; it ain't exactly rocket surgery. Wait...). So most of the class, me included, finished with about 20 minutes to go. So I read for the rest of the period. Next was PE, in which we wrote a mock letter to somebody of your choosing regarding a teen problem in your area of study for the assignment (road safety. Also, damn that's a confusing sentence.). I wrote about my teenage son (I called him Zac, as homage to my book. Which is actually coming along well.) whose car broke. Lunch was cards, as we risked it with the Year 12s around. Muck-Up Day is tomorrow, and they're getting ready. I actually got hit by a water balloon, but I was extraordinarily lucky, and it bounced off me. I'm just amazed that that can happen.

Period 5 was Maths, in which we did yet another practice test. I guess they're getting us ready for the Yearlies and School Certificate, but they're getting bloody boring. Although, it did have one of the easiest Maths questions I've seen for a Year 10 exam (possibly even any exam). What it was is that we had two triangles that were similar. One had sides of 6, 6 and 9. The other had sides of 6, 6 and __. I swear, they must think we're stupid or something. Period 6 was Drama, in which Kolodziej was here, but we didn't watch 'Fawlty Towers' yet again. Instead, we went up to the library and watched a video on the different types of humour, featuring one of the funniest men ever, Rowan Atkinson (I'm not sure who would be the funniest, but he would be up there. So would John Cleese.). When I got home, I did some work, and around 7, we left for hapkido.

Before class, I congratulated Amadeus on his green belt status (he is younger than most people in the class, me included, and he is a green belt. The guy's a hapkido freak.). I was then doing some stretches before class, when I was called over by the receptionist, whose name I still don't know (I swear, I'll learn it soon). She said to me that the printer was out of ink, and then looked at me. I then put two and two together. Basically, when you get a belt promotion, you get a certificate and the new belt. No ink means no certificate, and therefore... (a witch!). So what I'm guessing is that I should have got it today, but will instead get it on Wednesday. Well, here's hoping. And when I got home, I blogged, but not enough. So here I am.

To comments now, but first a comment I got about Friday's post, which I just got.
*Mango: I already went through this! Also, at the end of this sentence, this reply will be exactly 12 times longer than your actual comment! Jees.
Now, Ebony's for yesterday.
*Ebony: I didn't? Well, they're fixed now. Though, yeah, it wasn't actually that interesting of a day.

And that was my day. Tomorrow's post should be a fairly long one, what with Muck-Up Day and going to the orthodontist and all. Anyway. I look forward to Wednesday, when my orange belt may come to me. I'll love that, if it happens, of course.

Damn, you're fun to quote, Tom Lehrer,
AB

1 comment:

  1. lol yeah i know, but i commented on your fridays post before reading the saturdays post, so thats why.

    ReplyDelete