Friday, September 4, 2009

Legacy Day '09

Another day, another title which is fairly easy to write. For you see, today was Legacy Day. Wikipedia doesn't seem to know what it is, so the official website may be found here. Now, with the title out of the way, I can get straight to my day, which was mostly a big bludge. Which was pretty good for a Friday, although it is a late post. Ah well.

Before school, I put on my Legacy Day badge and wristband that I got from Dad. Period 1 was Maths, in which I forgot my textbook. So Mango and I showed me this game, where you start with 31 points, and can take away 1-5 points every turn. The person that takes away the last point loses. However, there was a trick, which I found out: if you go second, you just choose the number that, when added with the one that the first player picked, makes 6. (If you're first, though, you're doomed. Sorry.) Period 2 was Drama, which started off as doing some maths thing I was trying to work out (nerd, remember), but then became a conversation about Cam's PA system in his house and things about how I'm not a computer nerd if I haven't pulled my computer apart yet to get to know things that I can find out by not dismantling my laptop. Hmm. Next was Assembly, in which I discovered something tragic: the badge was gone. It had fallen off my jacket and was now nowhere to be seen. So after Assembly, I went through the Drama room, the Maths room, and the path I took between the two. But it was not to be found. So I played some cards.

Period 3 was Commerce, wherein we went to the computer labs to check the effects of unemployment. We also had a substitute, who, although well-meaning, didn't know what we were doing. So I went to Wikipedia, started off at the page for unemployment, and well, this happened (I love than comic, both specifically and a whole). I also found my badge, while absent-mindedly trawling through my pockets. What presumably happened was that the badge fell off my jacket into the jacket pocket. Quite lucky, there. Period 4 was Science, in which we analysed the experiment with the ticker-timer from yesterday. My value for the acceleration due to gravity: 9.7 m/s². Now that is amazingly close to the actual value, and in fact I was the closest in the class. Robson also told me that Pitt had something to show me in the Science staffroom. However, come lunchtime, after handing in that assignment I was doing, when I went to the Science staffroom, Pitt was nowhere to be found. Turns out he wasn't there. So I played 13 with the guys instead.

Period 5 was English, in which we went through the book we have, 'Runner,' to find evidence that the protagonist, Charlie, was the Odd One Out. Which essentially came down to the fact that things happened to him that didn't happen to other people. You know, like essentially every fiction novel in existence. Yeah. In the last period for the week, we went down to the Hall, where there were 4 veterans from the Korean War, there for commemoration of Legacy Day (it's not really celebrating if it's for the families of those killed in action). 3 classes were there (mine, Eric's and Cameron's; I don't know the actual names for the last two), and we heard their stories from back then. Some people didn't find it too interesting; I did. Call me crazy, but I find those types of things interesting. When I got home, I blogged a bit, and then friends came over. Specifically, Michael and Cleveland (they're both footy friends). They watched EJ play 'God of War,' so I played some Battlefield Heroes. After they left, I did some more blogging, then went to do some more BFH. I also watched the first AFL final: Crows-Bombers, which ended with Essendon thankfully being on the ass end of an ass-kicking, by something like 90 points. But I didn't get to finish the post, so here I am.

And that was my day. The next few days will be somewhat eventful, with my brother's Grand Final on Saturday and Father's Day on Sunday, which makes for longer posts. However, as these may be running into the night, the posts may be late. Or, at least, I'll have an excuse to post late. Both, really.

Friday comes, thank god,
AB

1 comment:

  1. There are 6 people. Prove that there are at least three who are all friends or there are any three who are all not friends. You must prove it generally. Lol. Its so simple when you see the answer.

    ReplyDelete