Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Big Barbecue Bash

Other rejected titles included 'BBBQ' (The extra B is for BYOBB. That's a typo.), and 'AB: A Barbecue' (which sucks, quite frankly). Anyway. Yes, today we had a barbecue, with Shay's family coming over, and, well, let's see how it all pans out when we get there.

I woke up at around 7:30, as I had decided to go watch the cricket game that I would be playing in if I had not given it up for hapkido. We left at around 9, and I brought my magazine and 'The Lost Symbol,' the new Dan Brown book that Oma got me yesterday afternoon (oh yeah). So when I got there, I talked to people, and I eventually found somewhere to sit, where I intermittently read my mag or book, and watched the cricket. However, at about 10-ish, Dad and I left the game (which was still going, by the way) to go see EJ bat. It lasted all of not very long, as we saw 2 overs, after which it was time to swap over. We would have spent more time at the ground waiting than watching him bat. Anyway. When we got back, our team was already kicking ass, and they ended up bowling them all out for 40 or so. That's a win of about 80 runs (in a Twenty20 match, so 120 odd is good), so it was a convincing win. We got home at about 11:30.

When I did get home, I had some lunch, and I promptly went to do a bit of my Geography assignment. Only a bit, though, because we also spent a lot of time rushing around preparing for the barbecue that came as a big surprise to me. Shay got to our place at around 6, I'd say (I know I skipped a bit. It wasn't that exciting, believe me.). So we talked for quite a while, and we (everybody except EJ and Lachlan) regaled everybody with anecdotes from our past. Dad tells the best stories, I think, though I don't want to sell a lot of people short (the tale of the broken whipper-snipper was also told, to much laughter.). Dinner was good, and after that and after cleaning up, we went into the loungeroom to watch the Cats-Magpies game. Oma is a Collingwood supporter, and pretty much everybody else in the room was not. So we watched the whole game, although Shay's family left just before the end, when Geelong were sure to win. And they did, with the final score reading 120-47. I went to bed at around 11, but sadly the night was only just beginning...

Sorry for leaving you at that cliffhanger, but the rest of the action in the night (pun not intended) happened in the early hours of Sunday morning, and this is Saturday's post. So in the next post, all shall be revealed. Also, an explanation for why this post is rather late will be given. And if you don't like it, well, neither do I. Ah well. It was also a fairly short post, mainly because it was a weekend. Sunday's post will probably be even shorter, though it's not a definite thing.

A barbecue amongst friends; summer in Australia has officially begun,
AB

1 comment:

  1. meh your bbq sounds pretty boring compared to the one i went to on saturday.

    ReplyDelete