Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So Much Assignmenting

Yes, I use assignment as a verb. As in, to assignment, meaning to do assignments. Assignmented, assignmenting. Anyway. Enough title explanation. I know the title isn't too good (well, it's bad. No getting around that.), but there was a lot of work. Hell, I've complained about this before; you should know this by now!

I woke up early this morning, and I used the time productively to finish my Science assignment. One down, too many to go. Role Call was us doing a vote for next year's SRC, or rather, voting for a new member for next year's SRC. I'd say who I voted for, but it's a secret ballot. So, yeah. I hope the people I voted for get in, anyway. Period 1 was Ag, in which we went down to the farm to finish off the mulching of our potato beds. By the time we got through doing them, ours was one of the tallest in the class (across the whole grade, even), and definitely the thickest. It looked like a gigantic hay caterpillar monster (if you'll pardon the lack of poetry there). Of course, many Ag prac classes are just excuses to listen to my iPod, which I did. Period 2 was History, in which we did some work on Gough Whitlam. Just some standard stuff, really. Recess was trying to think of names for a new soldier I'm thinking of getting (he's not going to be my main guy, of course. I just want a spare soldier.). Some ideas that were thought up were OMG-SMG, AchillesHeal, RhysPawn (as in, respawn), and my favourite: YellowSubmachine. Yes, they are all plays on words, but I love them all.

Period 3 was Maths, in which we started a new topic, which we found is Extension 1 work for Year 11: 3-D trigonometry. From what I can understand, it's just like regular trigonometry, except it can get a lot harder. Sometimes it's pretty simple, a bit like the trig we're used to, but sometimes it gets a bit complex, to say the least. Lunch was cards, of course, and we got asked to leave the Science block by Crancher (a Maths teacher, mind you) for something that we'd always done and never been told off for. Yeah. Thanks, Crancher. Sport was rugby, and so it was my sacred and sworn duty to try and get out of it as soon as I could. I found a way that often works: find somebody who wants to play who isn't playing, and switch with them. We don't usually switch back. We played cards for a while, and we realised that the 10 of clubs was gone. Nowhere to be seen. Damn. After Sport, I printed out my Science thing in the library (since my printer is being somewhat uncooperative. Read: it doesn't work.), and found the 10 of clubs. It was back where we were playing cards at lunch, of course. I also talked to Ebony for a bit. We talked about whether the plural of Millennium Trains is Millenniums or Millennia (meanwhile, this spellchecker doesn't recognise millennia as a word. What the hell, spellchecker?). We also talked about the new Tangaras, as we were on one. When I got home, I did a lot of my assignment, and around 7, we left for hapkido.

Shirisha went today, but Shaylee didn't. And she won't, because she gave me a call, saying she quit. She apparently couldn't balance everything, what with work and all, and she gave up hapkido as a result. Bugger. Ah well, though. I suppose that happens. The class today was a real workout, as the first 20 minutes or so was spent doing isometric exercises, stretches, push-ups, crunches... You get the picture. One big workout. The rest was good, although I didn't get my orange belt. I guess I'm still waiting for it. Ah, maybe Monday. We'll just have to see.

And that was my day. I should be finished my English assignment by tomorrow afternoon or tomorrow night, depending on how things work out. We'll just have to see. The posting will all relate to what happens then.

I will be so glad when this week is over,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment