Friday, September 11, 2009

There Will Be Bludge

That, of course, being a reference to the movie, 'There Will Be Blood,' which I have never actually seen, though I am an avid fan of that classic quote by some guy somewhere in the movie: I drink your milkshake! (Allow Youtube to explain. Or at least show you.) Anyway. What I mean is that most of today was a big bludge. So let us adjourn to my day, before this post gets any later.

Period 1 was Science, in which we watched a video on pathogens. Which was extremely old, and very boring. But we didn't do any work, and that's what matters. Period 2 was Computer Maths, which was that most special of Computer Maths lessons: when we are on Geometer's Sketchpad, and we are supposed to muck around on it to prove some point about sine waves. I don't know what it was, or what we were supposed to prove. But it was fun. I also tried to make an ellipse on it, unsuccessfully. Ah well. Then it was Assembly, in which people did some creative arts presentations, for no apparent reason other than they can. Cam played a song, but there were two stand-outs. One guy beatboxed, really well; and another guy did this really complicated version of the robot (the dance). There's really no better way to explain it than: wow.

Recess was 31, since Andy is on an excursion. Periods 3 and 4 were double Ag, in which we went down to the farms to finally plant our potatoes. I spent the majority of the period hoeing the last bits, and carrying hay up and down. I spent quite a while working, and we got most of our work done. I listened to my iPod a fair bit. However, towards the end, it became evident that we were missing two hand trowels. So we stayed behind a whole 10 to 15 minutes; and we didn't even find them. Bloody hell. I then raced back to the classroom, only to find that the door was locked. However, I hit upon an idea, and tried the adjoining room, which was unlocked. I ran through that into the classroom, got my bag, ran back through the other room, and I was free. Lunch was cards.

Period 5 was English, in which we started watching a video (yes, another one). This one is the movie 'Shine,' which seems like a pretty good movie. I went to Wikipedia to check up on a lot of the details later, of course. It was a big bludge, even if we did have to take notes. Period 6 was Geography, in which we went to the computer rooms yet again. The whole Geography assignment is coming together, although it's a lot of work. I will better be able to focus on it as the deadline nears. And it will be coming closer very soon. Oy vey. It's getting annoying. When I got home, I blogged, and I also played Battlefield Heroes with John for a while, while going on Skype. I must have played for hours, improving my kill to death ratio, I'm sure. Around 10, though, I had to go to bed.

And that was my day. Very sorry for the late post and the short post, but I didn't post on Friday, and, well, if you read Saturday's post, then you will understand, for sure. Anyway. Soon I'll get back to schedule.

Thank god for Fridays,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment