Monday, September 14, 2009

A Manic Monday

Allow me to say that that is not such a lame title, I am quoting (probably misquoting) from Futurama, and specifically, Love and Rocket (I'll let Wikipedia explain, if you are one of those poor individuals who hasn't seen Futurama.). Anyway. Now that that's over, I can get to my day, so that this post isn't so delayed. Assignments, remember (although I wish I could forget)?

Mum drove me to school, as we left late and otherwise I probably would have missed my train. However, due to the car travel time, I actually got to school early, so I was able to do a bit of my assignment at school (I sent it to the school's computers just in case). Period 1 was Maths, in which we did some Maths stuff that looks difficult but was actually somewhat easy (did you know that the square root of 8 multiplied by sin 15 equals the square root of 3 minus 1? Neither did I!). One of the boarders (I think her name is Zoe) also came to our class for some reason. No idea why. Period 2 was Drama, in which we went to do some acting out of a scene from 'King Oedipus.' (I keep calling it 'Oedipus Rex,' if only because of the Tom Lehrer song. Listen to it on Youtube.) Remember on Thursday when I was doing that assignment? Turns out we were supposed to be practicing for this very performance. Goddamn! Luckily, Cam and I didn't have to do it today, and the scene we picked out isn't particularly difficult. Recess was talking, and cards.

Period 3 was Commerce, in which we went to a seminar in the library about how we should study Law at the University of Wollongong, much like the Thursday before last when we did the same for Ag. It wasn't a bad presentation, but it got sort of rambling towards the middle, and the person started speaking in a bit of a monotone. Although, based on their presentation, it sounds like a really good Uni. Anyway. Period 4 was Science, in which we went back to the library (I know; again), and did some work on my Science assignment (OK, this is utterly ridiculous.). Corinne, Lana and I also talked about our Ag presentations. Apparently mine was 'epic.' I know it sounds like I'm bragging, but... I am. I'm proud of my Ag presentation, man! Lunch was the usual, although we did talk a lot about movies for some reason. It also led to Shafi asking us if 'The Lion King' was Japanese. Oy vey.

Period 5 was English, in which we watched a lot more of the movie 'Shine.' It's getting really good; I would recommend it. The best thing is that the guy who acts like he's had a mental breakdown, Geoffrey Rush, also plays Barbossa from 'Pirates of the Caribbean.' I swear, you would never realise that they were the same person; they don't look or sound the same. At least to me. Period 6 was History, in which we did some work on Gough Whitlam, and how he was ousted (ousted is a weird word. I mean, look at it. Anyway.) in the constitutional crisis of 1975 (let it not be said that I don't learn anything in class. Although, in all fairness I did know that beforehand). I got home at about 3:30, and after a lot of work on my assignment, it was time for hapkido.

Shaylee had work today, so she didn't go. But Shirisha was there today, although she came just in the nick of time. Beforehand, I handed in my attendance card, signature sheet, and $35 to the front desk, so that I can get my orange belt. It's only a matter of time now! In the class today, we started off doing catches and all that, and we did starjumps for the first time in a while. And in case you're thinking, 'Well, they're only starjumps,' try doing 120. On a hot day. In a long sleeved uniform with long pants on. Hapkido gives you quite a bit of a workout. About halfway through, though I had another panic attack: and I refused to let it show. So I pushed through it, and sure enough, I got it to stop, even in the middle of exercise. These are good signs, people. And when I got home, I blogged, but not enough. Ah well.

Comments now (yes!), 1 from an anonymous person (even though I think it's pretty obvious who it is):
*Anon: I know assignments are more important than computer games, Dad (lol). And I do agree with you about balance. You know what they say about all work and no play. I laughed when I read that 'breaking things' crack (pun intended); that's good.

And that was my day. Sorry about the late post, though I've already explained this and shouldn't have to explain it again. Probably. Anyway. I'll try to get back on schedule, but assignments come first, I'm afraid.

Hooray for comments,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment