Thursday, September 24, 2009

Finishing Up

OK, the title isn't great. But this day didn't really have anything special regarding a better title. So this title it is. Anyway. What I actually mean is that I finished two of my assignments, leaving only PE. Oh, and that exam tomorrow on Geo. But I can't really do that at home, so I don't really deem it an assignment. Well, without further ado, let's have a look at my Thursday.

Period 1 was Ag, in which I caught up on work I missed on Monday. You know how I said that I didn't miss anything important (if I didn't, I am now. I may or may not have put it in a previous post. Ah well. You know now.)? Well, what people neglected to say is we got heaps of sheets in Ag. So I spent the period taking notes from Hewie from what he had written down, as well as trying to keep up with today's work. Oy vey. At this point, there are many people to blame: the people I asked about Monday, my brother for giving me the bug, the little bug itself (technical term: pathogen, but this isn't a nerdy type of... OK, maybe it is. But that's biology. I'm a physics and chemistry guy.), or myself for not checking. Say what you want, but we all know that all the blame belongs to one body. I'm not going to say the obvious, but you know what I mean. Period 2 was History, in which we were allowed to go through the Geography textbook for last-minute work on the assignment. However, the textbook isn't too helpful, so I took some precursory notes for myself and read for the period. Recess was 13 with the usual group, as John and Andy had come back. They weren't here because of the dust storm.

Period 3 was Maths, in which we had a substitute teacher that I had never seen before, who hadn't been doing any teaching work around the school (as far as I know of), and didn't tell the class her name. Congratulations, anonymous substitute. She gave us revision work on trigonometry for the period, which Mango and I finished about half of (I read through it, mentally did some questions, actually did some questions, then got bored) before the period sort of became playing tic-tac-toe and real life minesweeper. A1 for you. Period 4 was Science, in which we had Baxter for our class. So, with Baxter filling in for Bruce, and Bruce filling in for Robson, we have a class with a teacher who is substituting for a substitute. I hence call this type of teacher a dub-sub (as in, double substitute). Anyway. What we did for the period was read through a sheet on how our body protects itself against disease. I thought it was pretty interesting, to be honest. Lunch was cards, and for pretty much the entire second half I was waiting in line for Kevin and me to get a sheet for school sport. I remember last year it took maybe 10 minutes. Now it takes an entire half of lunch. Hurlstone continually amazes me.

Period 5 was Commerce, in which we had our second-last lesson on the computer labs. This was a really productive period for me, as I worked my way through two or three questions of my Geography assignment. I also finished my Commerce assignment, which is really good, as it means I'll be able to do only a minor amount of work tomorrow in Commerce in the computer labs. We also voted for prefects for next year, currently in Year 11 (Years 10 to 12 vote for the Year 11s, apparently). I just voted for the people who I'd heard of. Period 6 was English, where we went to the computer labs to look at a mock-up of the English School Certificate. If that's anything to go by, then what they are saying is right: the Yearlies will be harder. When I got home, I did some of my Geography assignment, finally finishing it. Then, after I printed it out, I decided to relax with some Battlefield Heroes. I did two relatively memorable things: I got up to Level 13, and I took out a plane with a tank. I was trying to kill another tank, and some guy flew in front of my attack. That was so epic. However, I only got halfway through posting, so here I am.

And that was my day. Sorry about the slightly late post, although it's much earlier than all the last times. Who knows, I might even get back on schedule! Although that may or may not happen. Eh, we'll see. Anyway.

Thank god those assignments are done,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment