Monday, March 2, 2009

The Campbelltown-Macarthur Advertiser

OK, OK, the title is very out there. But rest assured it features very prominently in my day (and if you're wondering what that is, it's a newspaper. Here's the site.) Now, moving on.

I was dropped off at school by Jo around 20 past 8, and I went straight to the table, where I exchanged Abridged: Episode 34 quotes with Victor until the bell rang. (If you're thinking that that's really odd, then you probably haven't read my blog, and how prominently Abridged quotes are.) Period 1 was Science, in which we did some work on surface area, in which the results were exactly the opposite what the book said it would be. For the entire class. Needless to say, Mr. Robson (yes, he's back) was very confused. As were we all. Next was Maths, in which we went to the computer labs, and did the work equivalent of bludging (if you're wondering how the hell that works, then I'll tell you: In the computer labs, nothing ever gets done. Or, if it does, it's never anything much.). Recess was listening on Victor's iPod to Metallica.

If you're wondering why I'm doing that, it's pretty simple. Shay is going to teach me guitar (hopefully), but before I do, I have to listen to these songs: 'Stairway to Heaven' by Led Zeppelin, 'The Day that Never Comes' by Metallica (which I listened to today), 'Day Tripper' by the Beatles, 'My Generation' by the Who, 'Paint it Black' by the Rolling Stones, 'Another Brick in the Wall' by Pink Floyd, 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' by Nirvana, as well as unnamed songs by Kiss, AC-DC, and apparently every song by Guns N' Roses. Hopefully I'll be able to make do with some of the hits. Once I find them.

OK, Periods 3 and 4 were interesting, so listen up. Usually, I'd have Ag with Schippers, but it seems the teachers are working on a 'tag-in' system, because now that Robson has returned, Schippers has left, so Period 3 we had Nicholls, who spent the period reading my book. Because it was a double, Period 4 was also Ag, but with McAlpin instead. About halfway through the period, Mr. Norris walks in, and picks 3 random people to get out of class, who happened to be Ebony, Tiana... and me. We went to the office (with McAlpin; I think Norris took the rest of the class), and we saw two journalists (well, one journalist, one photographer) from the Campbelltown-Macarthur Advertiser (see, that's where the title came from) who were doing an article talking to Hurlstone students about this article. So they took us down to the farm for a photo. I was going to be holding a piglet, but it kept squealing, so I ended up with a one day-old calf. That was a bit worried (read: hyperactive and trying to escape), so McAlpin told me that the best way to keep a calf from freaking out is to put your finger in its mouth. Yeah. So I had to do that. After they took about 10 minutes of photos, they put the calf and the piglet (Tiana was holding a different one) back, and I went to disinfect my hand. They then asked us some questions about the farm, and why we came here, and why they should keep the farm, that type of thing. There's apparently going to be an article on Wednesday, so that's gonna be really good. I'll keep you updated. Anyway (wow, that's the first time I've actually used that this post. A record!), that went up until the half-time bell at Lunch. Yeah.

Period 5 was English, again with Nicholls, in which we did some work, and Nicholls told us some anecdotes (which got us out of work), and that type of thing. Next was History. Or so we thought. We were in the annex, our books were out, and Johnson says something about a Geography video. To which the class responded: Today's History. Ah. Johnson basically tries to get out of it, then basically just says: Today's Geography. We do Geography work. OK, fa... don't say it. (If you know what I mean here, you're either me or Victor. In-jokes FTW!). After that, we got home, I did homework, andd surfed the net. MSN, etc (note to self: less acronyms). I also found a Latin Motto Generator after surfing Wikipedia. Somehow.

Well, that sums up today. It was a pretty interesting one. I end with a quote from that Latin Motto Generator I just found. Because I can.

Scientia Sapientes Vocat,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment