Tuesday, March 24, 2009

That Dreaded Day

Yes, the day has come. Weeks of work have culminated in 3 periods of assessments. Lunchtimes, recesses, after-school times, weekends, all building up to now. Tuesday torture: Let us see how today went.

I woke up early to study for the Geography assessment. After a while looking for the pants to wear for the dance assessment (and finding them), it was time to set off for school. I got changed into long black pants and a black shirt, and sneakers. Oishi brought a leather jacket, so I wore that too. They wanted me to look gangster. Unfortunately the PE staff now have video evidence of me dressed like that, without my glasses on. Apparently I looked completely different. I would assume so. But, enough of the clothing I was wearing. I had to dance in front of two Year 10 classes, one Year 7 class and one Year 9 class. And Nibraas and Sakib were in that Year 9 class. And Nibraas taped me dancing as well. All in a day's work. I was fourth to dance, with Oishi and Nancy. I think I did OK. I hope. They cut off the last 15 seconds of our song. But, in that part I wasn't supposed to move. So that's a load off. I was told I did pretty well. I hope I did. Recess was spent talking, then it was the Geography assessment. 40 minutes. 3 and a half pages. What I wrote and how long I wrote it in. Like all Geography exams, it was pretty straight-forward, but a lot of writing. I think I did pretty well. But, that's me. Next was Maths, in which we went down to the hall to watch other people dance, and see our dances from the camera. I saw the first 10 seconds of ours. Didn't look like me.

Lunch was spent playing 13 with John, Andy, Kevin and me. Then Eric joined in. Then Johnny (not John V). I did pretty well in that: I didn't get knocked out the whole of the rounds. I love luck like that. Period 5 was Drama, which was spent talking to Cameron and going on my iPod. Period 6 was Commerce, in which the first 20 minutes we didn't do anything, and the last 30 was spent on the computers doing basically nothing. I got picked up from the station, and when I got home, I went on my laptop and worked on my Drama assessment for tomorrow. It still goes. Thursday seems like a pretty good day, as the exams will be over. I finally finished. Drama's a tricky one, but hopefully I'll get through it pretty good. The rest of the day was spent on my laptop. The song stuck in my head today, before the post ends, is 'Somebody to Love,' by Queen, in particular the part that starts at 2:59 (yes, I checked it), that repeats 'Find me somebody to love' and ends with 'Somebody find me somebody to love!' That is the best part of the song.

Such endeth that dreaded day. Tomorrow, more assessments, then nothing. I'll be thankful for Thursday, because I don't want to do the Drama assessment. Ah well. Guess I have to.

Hope your day was less stressful than mine,
AB

1 comment:

  1. Somebody to love? Great song!
    And everyone had a stressful day, everyone in year 10 at Hurlstone, at least. Because the teachers can't organise themselves to have assignments due on different days.

    ReplyDelete