Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cooking, Dance and Chocolate

I would come up with a more creative title, but it's 9:15 on Tuesday night. (Please note: everything written after this point was written on Wednesday. Like this post, just pretend it was written on Tuesday. I was at my friend's place. I wasn't on MSN either.) But, here it is. And, yes, today was all about cooking, dance and chocolate (as well as a few other things.).)

I took the bus to school, after celebrating my Mum's birthday, and Victor was back. Seemed OK. Hmm. Period 1 was Geography, in which we did little work (I love to bludge). Next should have been Science, but instead it was the Glenfield Schools Reading Program (or something like that). What it is, essentially, is that a group of people take a bus to the local public school, and get some kids from Kindy to Year 2 to read to us. I ended up getting a Year 1 class, and this little girl walked out with a book, and we sat on the silver seats. And she did not want to read, I'll say that. Just to get her to finish one page was one of the Labours of Hercules, and finishing the book was a nightmare. At one point, she wanted to skip a page, and I tried to tell her: 'No, you have to read the whole page.' So, she crossed her arms and said 'I'm going to get very cranky if you don't let me not read those lines.' I decided there and then that I'd never make it as a teacher. She read the book through another 15 minutes of my life that I'll never get back, and I got another girl, who was unlike the other girl in that she was quiet, but like her in that she didn't exactly read with enthusiasm. On one page, she read through the word 'caterpillar' with ease, but stopped at the word 'at.' This is one reason I am an atheist: if there was a just god, this wouldn't happen. Atlas moment. She finally finished it, and then I got a boy to read to me. That went surprisingly easily, and then it was time to go. Recess was over by the time we got back to Hurlstone. On the plus side, I'm not doing it next week. On the minus side (I know that's not an expression. It should be.), it's because I'm doing an exam. On the 24th of March. Of course.

Period 3 was Ag, where we went down to the farm and talked about pregnancies in cows. Next was PE, theory, in which we had Jones, and where after 15 minutes of work and 20 minutes of reading, Tan and I played 13 until the bell went. The 1st half of Lunch was spent finding a room to dance in, and the 2nd half was spent dancing. We're actually going better than I expected: it's all starting to come together. Something else that happened in Lunch: Cam sent Victor and Kevin to go get me because he was writing songs, or something like that. After about 15 minutes, I went over to the table, although after about a minute, Oishi came and said we found a room. Cam's expression was priceless. Period 5 was Maths, in which we did some stuff about absolute values. Then it was Drama, where Kolodziej opened the door, but Arnault teached us. Ah, the insanity of the world. That was a pretty fun period, even though we had theory. After school came some more dance, and we were doing fairly well, if I do say so myself. When that ended, we went home (my New Scientist magazine finally came), and got ready for a party/celebration for my Mum's birthday. One of the best things: we were having homemade lasagne (lasagna? I don't know.), homemade garlic bread, homemade cannaloni, basically an Italian feast. That was also one of the worst things: I was having a hand in making it. Shaylee, her dad Mick, and I were all making dinner. I learnt what cannaloni is (though I doubt if I know how to spell it), how to pronounce gnocchi (nocky), and that when I move out I'll be living on two-minute noodles, tacos and spaghetti (I'm making myself hungry now.). The dinner was actually pretty good, except the garlic bread was just way too... I don't know how to describe it except it was a horrible tang. Eurgh. After that we watched TV, computer and Shay gave me some rock CDs, including Green Day, Powderfinger and Pink Floyd. (Here's something for you: why do all those bands have retarded names? I mean, they sound cool, but just think about it: Powder-finger? Pink Floyd? What is a floyd and why is it pink?) For dessert, we had this delicious multi-layered chocolate cake, with white chocolate on top: One of the most delicious things I've ever had, it was. Then, it was time to go.

And that was my Tuesday. Sorry I wasn't on MSN. I brought my laptop, but I forgot to bring my charger, and my laptop's battery is pretty much on life support. I'll have to get a new one.

Still dreaming about that cake,
AB

1 comment: