Sunday, March 29, 2009

Cricket and the Case of the Curious Commenter

Apart from the alliteration in the title (of which I seem to do a lot now), today was, in fact, all about a cricket match and a quest for the identity of AC.

I woke up at 5:30 today, a bit like yesterday, and when I realised it was 5:30, I promptly went straight back to sleep. I was woken up at 7:30, as my Dad had to go off to cricket, for his final, and we were scheduled to be there. I first went on my laptop and talked to Victor on trying to work out who AC is. We're still pretty much stumped. But we trawled through comments (a bit like yesterday, but more in detail), to see if we can find anything. We have a few ideas, but not many. Anyway. At around 10:30, we went down to my Dad's cricket game, with me bringing my iPod, 'Twilight,' and 'City of Glass.' Once I finished Twilight, I put my iPod in, and I put on my favourite songs and bands: Queen, 'White Noise,' 'Electric Feel,' the usual. I also played Solitaire on my iPod for a while, and I was on a really good winning streak. Still am, come to think of it. I also got through about halfway of 'City of Glass,' and I can't wait to finish it. That went until around 3, when my Dad got out and it was time to go. He was in for several hours, and that means he's a much better batsman than me. Of course, that's not saying much. Anyway. As I was leaving, I did that peace sign (where I tapped my chest twice with my fist, and do the peace sign.). That is becoming almost habit now. It's still awesome though. When I got home, I did the usual, went on MSN, surfed the net, and now I'm on Skype with John and Victor. We're also discussing who AC is. I have one or two hunches, but again, nothing nearing 100%. However, I really like how I'm finally getting comments, and the fact it's anonymous really is awesome. I sort of want to know, but, as I've said, I sort of don't.

Well, that was short. How about more random lists? Things I like, but shouldn't:
* Funny insults about me. For example, a few days back, Michael (Shay's dad) was talking about how much I listen to Queen, and he said 'Too much Mercury will kill you.' As in Freddie Mercury. That was funny. I probably shouldn't laugh, because it's a joke at my expense, but as I've said before, if you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at anyone.
* Singing to myself. I love it, because I love music, but I shouldn't, because my singing isn't that great (read: horrifyingly bad). But, still, I do it, simply because I can't help myself.

Things I love doing, but people look at me weird about:
* Philosophising. Sometimes I get really deep unintentionally, and at that point I find it best to put on some music and stop thinking, because when I hate overthinking. Luckily, there are some other people who think like I do, like Victor, and John, whose blog is all about that type of thing. Which I think is awesome.
* Writing down the Periodic Table from memory. Which I love doing, but people just look at like I'm some sort of robot. Which sucks, because then people ask me about everything in Science.

Well, I'm going to end today's blog, because my brain is beginning to stop working. After 9:00, thinking is barely allowed. As usual, I welcome any comments, particularly those of AC, because I wouldn't want to lose my only regular commenter. Tomorrow's my 50th post (I know I said Tuesday. Mental malfunction. Hmm... nice ring to it.), and it is going to be great.

Can't wait for Monday (wow, that sounded odd),
AB

6 comments:

  1. yo ab, this is a really nice blog. me, i my bibliophylia am going try to read all your postings. don't think of me as a freak, i just like reading entertaining stuff from a different point off view. i would start a blog myself, except i'll probably forget about it after a fortnight, sorry about the ranting.

    cya at school

    the Shafster (made up by ali for the dance thing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite the anon you were expecting, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don;t try and figure out who I am. You will not like it, I assure you.
    Commenting 4 times and suddenly I'm regular? No, just very bored.
    Ok, so who are the identiies that you have hunches about?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello.
    After our conversaiotn in PE I was inspired to look up your blog again, for the first time since camp (which may or may not have something to do with me losing the URL).
    And yes, you still blog scarily similar to me. (which scares me. a lot.)
    Anyways, I got bored (not for lack of maths homework) and decided to read your blog. It's your blog's birthday today!! 50 posts!
    It's my blog's as well today. But mine is turning 200 (Although I've been blogging since July.)
    You are a Queen fan. This is cool, as well as scary.
    And you could't wait till today. Clearly, YOU didn't have a half yearly exam that went for 90 minutes.

    Anyways. If you ever feel the need to check out a blog way too similar to your own (except for the past week or so when I've been in a crazy mood), then click on my name (at the top of this commenty thingo) and click on "My blog".

    Ciao

    PS: You use brackets a lot too. This is also scary.

    Word verify: trumpop. :L

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Queen fact:
    The Queen logo, also known as the Queen Crest, was designed by Mercury (who earned a diploma in Illustration and Graphic Design from Ealing Art College in London) shortly before the release of their first album. The logo features the zodiac signs of all four members: two lions for Leo (Deacon and Taylor), a crab for Cancer (May), and two fairies for Virgo (Mercury).[92] The lions are embracing a stylised letter Q, the crab is resting atop the Q with flames rising directly above it, and the fairies are each sheltering below a lion. There is also a crown inside the Q and the whole logo is over-shadowed by an enormous phoenix. The whole symbol bears a passing resemblance to the Royal coat of arms of the United Kingdom, particularly with the lion supporters. The original logo, as found on the reverse-side of the first album cover, was a simple line drawing but more intricate colour versions were used on later album covers.

    ReplyDelete