Friday, March 20, 2009

Finishing and Just Beginning

What that means is that things are seem to be finishing up, as well as other things that seem to be the tip of the iceberg. I'll explain how.

I got to school and Shafi was trying to get my book. Maybe when I'm finished. Period 1 was English, which was work that was a lot and so we had an excuse not to do much. I half-love work like that. It was work about poems, or something like that. Next was Maths, in which Faulds continued his campaign on calling me Ben. And it was intentional. Partly. We also did some algebra, and Mango got my textbook out of his locker (Why it was in his locker is a very good question.). [Everything after this point was done on Saturday. I'll try not to do this again. No promises though.] After Maths came Assembly, in which somebody from SHEAP (Save Hurlstone's Educational Agricultural Property) came along and talked about their efforts to save our school. It seemed very odd for a guest speaker to be talking about our school. Several jokes were also made, including 'Standing Order 52' (Execute Order 52. Star Wars III reference.), and how you had to get a note from the office to go to Sick Bay ('I'm having a heart attack!' 'Go to the office.'). Next was Recess, which was just talking, the usual. Period 3 was Drama, in which Cam and I spent the time attempting to write songs, with mixed success. We got some lines done, but nothing finished. Hmm. Next was Commerce, in which we had Mr Hunt since Kearney was still on camp. He gave us 3 questions (which took surprisingly long), and then I read the entire remainder of the period. Lunch, both halves, were finishing off our dance. It's supposed to be on an issue affecting people. I end up dying after drink-driving. Suits my dancing ability very well. Periods 5 and 6 were PE, and so Dance. Yes, again. We practised and practised, and I think we're going to do OK. I don't really think anyone's going to be amazing, but don't quote me.

Oh, That Dreaded Day, Tuesday the 24th, has had a rearrangement. It was originally this:
* Period 2: Geography Assessment, Glenfield Schools Program
Period 5: Drama Assessment, PE Assessment
Period 6: PE Assessment
And then after (unlikely) much deliberation, this was worked out:
* Period 1: PE Assessment
Period 2: PE Assessment, Geography Assessment
Wednesday: Drama Assessment.
So as you can see, PE was moved as well as Drama, even though only one would suffice, and PE has been rescheduled to now intersect with Geography. So really, you can see how noone talks to each other.

We spent the time in PE synchronising ourselves with the music, as well as working out some points to write up an essay on what we are doing and why we did it. It's supposed to be one page, so that's good. School finished, and I got picked up, went to the shops, got afternoon tea, etc. When we got home, I read a bit of my New Scientist (which actually came today [Friday]), and got on MSN. After dinner we packed to go to Shay's, since it was Jo's birthday. On the weekend we're going to the city, for 2 days of celebration, to just relax before That Dreaded Day (and yes, I'm using caps, and yes, that's the second time I've said that.). At Shay's we talked, went on my laptop, just hung out basically. Then it was time to go.

Such was Friday, a time of finishing and just beginning. An end to the week, our dance. A start to the weekend, and That Dreaded Day (3 times). I'll end with a summary of what I have to do:

May you have less work than me and more time to do it,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment