Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Famous and Out of Focus

Other possible titles were 'Pursuit of a Paper' and 'An Even Bludgier Day.' Really, they all work. But I like the one I chose. Now enough of proposed titles and on to my day (and finally, a first paragraph that was actually easy to write.).

Before school, we talked a bit, and then I left off to search for the latest Campbelltown-Macarthur Advertiser (if you want to know why, then you obviously didn't read this post). I went to the library, then to the office, then to Mr Norris, but then the bell rang, so I didn't get to talk to him. Then Role Call, which was... role call. Periods 1 and 2 were PE, and so Dance. We split into groups (if you don't know who, then you obviously didn't read this post. Wow, déjà vu.) and started to work out some dance moves. Sort of. What happened was that we worked out a basic story with appropriate music. Then we spent around a period working out some aspects of the first part of the story. With mixed results, to say the least. Then we tried (emphasis on tried) to work out some actual dance moves. I gave it a shot, listening to music and seeing what I could do. I had my back to everyone for some reason, and when I turned around, I could see Hewie, Tiana, Sandy, etc watching. That was... sorta funny if you look back on it, but then it was more than a bit embarrassing. Recess was spent looking for the paper, and finding the wrong one. It also involved Cameron attempting to intimidate me with his height (Why, I have no idea), and me having to say to him: Cameron, you can't intimidate me like that. I'm the same height as you. Period 3 was Commerce, and Kearney was gone. A small sigh of relief was put up, which was quickly extinguished as it turned out he had left 2 pages worth of work. Joy.

Lunch was talking to Victor and Kevin, as everyone else does something other than school sport. The conversation got into, somehow, Victor's condition. In other words, his, let me search Wikipedia: hypermobility. And he was showing me some of his twists, and Rhys saw him. His expression really had to be seen to be believed. It was just classic. Sport was again, European Handball. I had a panic attack about 10 or 20 minutes in. If you don't know what that is, then I have again Wikipedia'd it (yes, I used Wikipedia as a verb). Here it is. Technically, it's not a panic attack, it's a Limited Symptom Panic Attack, but it seems to me like a potato-potahto thing (it's a lot easier said than typed). I had 'heart palpitations,' and that's about it. Also it lasted for something like 15 seconds. I'm pretty lucky, in that respect. Anyway, where was I? Ah, yes: At about quarter to 2, play was stopped. Everybody seemed to be moving to one spot. I did too, and it turned out Shailin had dislocated her knee. Badly. They had to call an ambulance and everything. After it happened, the games were basically put on pause and never got started again. So we spent the rest of 45 minutes talking and listening to our iPods. I also found out Kevin had never heard 'Bohemian Rhapsody.' Wow. School ended, and I went up to the library to grab a book, in case I finished the one I was already reading. (I didn't. I'm still reading it.) I then had a chat to Cam, because it really didn't matter when our separate trains came: the buses still came at their specific times. Skip to home, and I finally see myself in the paper. Here I am, famous and out of focus! I don't actually have the paper itself, but my aunt got three copies, so I'm gonna get it from her.

Well, that about wraps up my day. I strongly recommend you go to that link. It's really good. Oh, and I finally got that photo from Speedy. I'll put it up on this post now.

Everyone has their 15 minutes of fame,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment