Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Saturday Stay at Shay's

That's right, I'm at Shay's posting this again, as it seems every Saturday bar one this month has been spent with Shaylee in some form or another, whether at her house or at Star City. Let's see what happened today, as well as a brief speculation on the identity of the anonymous commenter from yesterday's post.

I woke up at 6:30, then went back to sleep after realising it was 6:30. I woke up again at 7:30, to the sound of my brother asking me where the sequel to Eragon is, after I introduced it to him yesterday. He left for AFL, and I got up for breakfast. Jo dropped Shay and Lachlan off at around 9:30, and we left for my brother's game about 20 minutes later. When we got there, we went down to see my brother goal-umpiring (which was pretty funny), and then went up to the ground manager's desk. Then after a bit, it was a time for my brother's game, and we (Shay and I) had to go do the goal-umpiring. I did the flags, and Shay recorded the score. We did OK, except in the second quarter when our team was kicking the other way and we had to rely on the other goal umpire to accurately keep score. Only problem was, the other goal umpire didn't seem to understand the concept of waving flags, so we had some difficulties. The last half didn't count, as the Tigers (my brother's team) smashed the other team, so the mercy-rule was inflicted at half-time, so score wasn't kept. At that point we just listened to my iPod (surprisingly, the song stuck in my head is not by Queen. It's 'Electric Feel') and so forth. After the game, we packed up and I read more of 'Twilight.' Then we went to Westfields, where we spent about 2 hours shopping for books, since we had vouchers from a very, very late Christmas present. I went to Angus and Robertson, where I spent at least an hour looking for a book. Unfortunately, in Angus and Robertson, they don't seem to know who Douglas Adams is, or Alexandre Dumas, and science books are unknown. I tried to order 'The Three Musketeers,' but even the supplier was all out. That's just ridiculous. We then made a stop off at Dymocks, where they have science books but everything that was expensive was good, and the reverse. They also didn't have 'The Three Musketeers,' but they could order it, so I asked them to. When we got home around 3, I went on my laptop, and got ready to go to Shay's. There, we did what we always do at Shay's: watch TV and go on our computers while EJ and Lachlan do something. Right now they're playing volleyball with a balloon and an imaginary net. For some reason. BANG! And now it's ended. Wait, they found another one. And now they're playing in the dark. Anyway, here I am, blogging. I'm also borrowing 'City of Glass' from Shaylee; I can't wait to start it.

Now my speculation on the anonymous commenter from yesterday, who for the sake of argument I'll call AC (ie Anonymous Commenter). They seem friendly, and I'll go through a few facts and deductions (and this is going to sound Sherlock Holmes-y, so forgive me here.) to see if I can guess who they are. With any luck.
* From comments: From Tuesday's blog, I can guess that AC is in Hurlstone Year 10, and from Friday, I can guess that they know something about girls, possibly a blogger or reader of a few, and that they want/need to hide their identity. So that narrows things down a bit. I could be very wrong though.
* Other: They found my blog. So that means that they either just came across it randomly (unlikely), found it through other blogs (possible, and interesting to boot), or most likely through my MSN account, where my personal message is my blog link.
This is very interesting, and I have a few guesses as to who, although each person only fits a few facts. I suppose if I find out who it is, it'll all come together like the ending of 'King Dork' (haven't read it? You should have.) and it'll be very obvious, but for the life of me I just can't seem to figure out who AC is at the moment. However, I partly don't want to find out who it is, simply because the suspense is fun! It's all up to AC at the moment, whoever he or she is, although if I were them I wouldn't, simply because I'd be having the time of my life!

I guess I'm gonna end today's post now, after a fun day of goal-umpiring, reading, blogging, and
trying to deduce who AC is. Hmm.

Still pondering,
AB

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting for a post that doesn't include Queen.
    Thankyou for the initials, although they're far too similar to yours for my liking.
    I know nothing about girls, but what I hear from movies and American television, both of which are unreliable. I just know that if you want to know something you should ask. Trust me. Ask.
    I discovered your blog through someone in our grade, if that helps. Which it doesn't.
    You don't need to find out who I am, because you won't like what you hear, just think of me as 'a friend', and only on blogger.
    I'm not having the time of my life, and I would prefer not to hide my identity.

    Sure, I'll stick around to put some thrill in your life,
    A friend.

    ReplyDelete