Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thus Ends the Weekend

...I couldn't think of a title. So I just came up with that. But, while trawling the net for a decent title, I found this quote by a 19th century poet called Henry Wadsworth Longfellow: 'Sunday is the golden clasp that binds together the volume of the week.' It... sort of makes sense. Anyway, let's get to my day.

I woke up around 7 at my grandparents' house. I read a bit, I went on my laptop, I watched TV. That pretty much recaps everything up until 11 am, when my Mum picked me up. Well, sort of. She was supposed to pick us (me and my brother) up at 10:30. She arrives at 11, and we leave nearing midday. I still haven't had lunch. When we get to our house, my Dad's having a meeting. An AFL meeting. (For some reason, that reminded me of Abridged Shadi. Hmm.) Then, we decide to visit my best friend Shay's dad in the hospital, with the family. To cut a long story short, he was parachuting out of an plane (he's in the army) and the backpack didn't open, and now one of his vertebrae are broken. He's in the army hospital about 10 minutes away, so that's lucky. I still haven't had lunch. We stay and chat for about half an hour, and on another impulse, we (me and my brother) decide to go with them (Shay, Lachlan and Jo). I still haven't had lunch! We go to Red Rooster at about 1:30, to buy everyone lunch, thank God. But, 'you can't eat it in the car.' Excuse me... GAAAAAAAH!!!!! I had lunch at quarter to bloody two, at my friend's house. *sigh*. There, Shay showed me some guitar (hopefully she's going to teach me), showed me exactly how much I know about rock (painfully little), all the kids (me, Shay, each of our brothers) went to walk the dogs, and we finished off by playing on the Wii. Long story short, I suck at Wii Tennis. Need I say more? At this point, I haven't been on my computer for at least, say, 6 hours. My brother and I get to our place at 4:30, just in time to watch the footy (AFL, I can't stand rugby): Carlton vs Hawthorn; I'm a Carlton supporter. Results here, but I'll tell you anyway. We won. We. Won. By 24 points. It was great. Anyway, I have dinner at around 6:30, and do the dishwasher. I finally get on my laptop at 7:30. I go on MSN, and talk to Victor and Mango. Oh, and guess what. I'm gonna need another paragraph for this...

EPISODE 34 IS OUT! Abridged, Episode 34 is out, less than 2 weeks after 33. If you don't know how incredible that is, then Abridged episodes usually come out at least 1 month apart. Incredible. Here's the link, and in case you didn't realise, I'm sort of on a high here. Well, I'm going to go, and enjoy the rest of my day away from school. At least until 8:40, when the bell rings. Oh, and Jo's picking me up tomorrow.

Pinch and a punch,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment