Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Very Bludgy Day

OK, I've had enough of thinking of an opening paragraph. It's taken me 15 minutes to write. So I'm just going to get into my post.

Before school, I did not go on my laptop (It's a sign of the apocalypse!), because I was finishing my New Scientist magazine (I got a subscription for my birthday). Skip to school, and I find out it's Shafi's birthday tomorrow. I'll have to make a note of that. Period 1 was Maths, in which we had Faulds. That was pretty dull and bludgy. Next was Drama, in which 12 people were here out of something like 28. Cam and I basically spent that period writing song names. Oh, and Cam informed me that it's 03/03/09 (3 squared = 9). Some of the best were: 'Truth in Lies' (by me), 'When Sunset Calls' (by me), and 'Cut me Deep' (by Cam, and no, it's not an emo reference.) I reckon the worst was 'Finger on the Road' (not by me). Apparently it's meant to be a literal thing, sort of. I rejected it because a) it was awful; and b) The 'M' factor. If it seems like it was written by someone whose name starts with M (someone in particular. You know the one.), then I want no part on it. Recess was spent chatting about nothing, as is it all. Period 3 was Commerce, which involved such labour as sticking in sheets and writing down 2 sentences in my book. Next was Science, and we did an experiment with fire ,lit a candle, placed a gas jar over it, and then proceeded to light some ethanol. Which, as you can imagine, just burnt like hell (that joke was unintentional, but it works). We put a match in it, and it quickly turned red-hot, bent as if in its death throes, and shrivelled into a black shadow (check out that imagery!).

If I may be permitted to make a brief aside, I hate Overtype. You know, that thing where you try to got back and change something, and when it types, it types over letters you already wrote. I hate that. And for some reason this blog seems to love it. So it randomly turns on all the time. Grr.

Next, we had Lunch, in which we reminisced about the times of Years 7 and 8, and remarked on the idiocy of Kearney's constitution. I'll give 3 examples. 1. It says 'we agree to unite.' We never did that, it was forced upon us. 2. He must have copied and pasted, because we apparently can't do work that's not related to Legal Studies. Well, that rules out Commerce work. 3. The stupidest of all, in my opinion, the numbering system goes 1-2-1-3-4. Genius, really. Period 5 was English, in which we did basically no work (we got our stories back. I got an A, by the way). Period 6 was History (and this time it really was History), which was watching a video and taking notes. So, yeah, another excuse to do nothing

So, overall, a pretty bludgy day. Work done was minimal, and I spent the intervening time mostly reading (and being told off for doing so by two separate teachers: Faulds, and Hancock.) I wrap up my day with another Latin quote: because I can't think of anything else. The link to the translation is here.

Scientia non habet inimicum nisp ignorantem,
AB

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Cosmetic Dental treatments can bring a major change to your entire personality. Cosmetic dentist Can bring back the lost shine of teeth. I like it.
    Orthodontist Melbourne

    ReplyDelete