Monday, March 23, 2009

T Minus 12 Hours For Panic

School starts in something like 12 hours. Panic will begin then, with the PE assessment. Period 3 is Geography (it's been rescheduled). This will continue until Wednesday, when the Drama assessment is. Then, on Thursday, I will be free. (Quoting Queen: Some day I'm gonna be free, Lord!). Now to my day. I've already picked out a title for tomorrow and maybe Wednesday.

Jo drove me to school again. I give Shafi the book I promised him on Friday (better late than never), then going to the library and attempting to print out a sheet for dance. The computer didn't start up in time, and the bell rang. My iPod wasn't on, but my inner iPod was, with the song stuck in my head today being 'If U Seek Amy.' Specifically, the chorus. It's playing in my head now. Period 1 was Ag, which just involved writing stuff in my book, the usual. (A brief side note: the appalling grammar of Schippers. I can barely stand it. Sometimes I can't even understand what he's saying. Maybe that's just me though.) Geography I spent helping Rhys out with his Research Action Plan. Not doing it for him, mind you. But he needed tips, so I helped him out. Once he got the hang of it, he did really well. Recess was spent trying to print out that sheet. But again, it failed, when the school's email service didn't open. Grr. Period 3 was Maths, with Rawson giving us some work on elimination in algebra, which is like getting an ice pick and repeatedly hitting yourself in the head with it. That might seem like a crude analogy, but I made that up on the spot, and damnit, I'm going to keep it (I think that's how Trotsky died). Next was Science, which was thankfully in Room 11, a computer lab, with Pitt, where I was able to print out the sheet. All that time for nothing. Bugger.

Lunch was spent doing last-minute practice for dance, first in Room 13, then 6, interspersed (note to self: stop using long words. Who am I kidding, I can't stop using long words.) with a trip to the English staffroom where I found out that I do the Drama thing on Wednesday, as opposed to Thursday through to Monday. Fantastic. Period 5 was Commerce, in which we did bugger all work (thank god), and Kearney was added to my list of teachers that won't let me read in class. So far the list reads:
* Mr. Wilson, senior
* Mr. Rawson
* Mr. Faulds
* Mr. Kearney
And that's just this year. English was spent copying down a brief amount of work, and also helping Hewie out with his Research Action Plan. He just needed some pointers: if there's one thing I'm against, it's doing other people's work for them. Helping, yes, but not doing it. We also got a class assessment of the English assessment, if that makes sense. Apparently noone got over 16 out of 20. Oh, boy. I don't look forward to getting my mark. I got to the station, same old, and wait for the bus to come. And waited. And waited. Until 3:30. Apparently the bus was cancelled. Great if they told us that. At home, I fixed up the remainder of my Research Action Plan, and set to work on my Drama project. I finished it after a few hours of work, on and off. I had to mow some of the lawn, get dinner, the usual. And here I am, finally finished the Drama thing (though it needs some rehearsal), and as ready as I'll ever be for the assessments tomorrow. My forecast: Dance is going to be annoying, but I've got a good feeling about it. Whether that will be right remains to be seen. And the Geography assessment is going to be fairly straight-forward, but a lot of writing. That's what they usually are. And Drama on Wednesday is going to be OK, but not as easy as it sounds.

Such was the last day before all hell breaks loose tomorrow. This, in a few words, is not going to be good. But, I suppose, I'll go in there with a bit of confidence, and hope I don't stuff up, and hopefully I'll be fine.

Wish me luck (we'll all need it),
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment