Friday, March 6, 2009

The Weekend Calls

What a day today has been. Oh, I'm typing on Shay's computer, and it seems fine, except for the lack of MSN. Well, let's get into my day before I forget what actually happened.

Jo dropped me off again, and I got to school and find three people not there: Ian and Shafi, who were at the excursion, and Matt. Don't know why he's away, but who cares? Period 1 was Science, and doing some work on complete and incomplete combustion. Riveting, I know. Next came Geography, which was doing essentially nothing. All Johnson talked about was yesterday's trip to Windang. Hooray for doing nothing! Assembly was auctioning off the teachers' hair. Hmm. Perhaps I should explain. Each year for Shave for a Cure, teachers offer to shave or colour their hair, and the kids bid for the rights to do basically whatever they want to their hair. The highest bid this year was Milner, who ended up being bought by Years 9, 10, and 12. Altogether. That ended up being $1000 to colour (and hopefully shave) her hair. I'm chipping in $5 or $10. Assembly ran massively overtime, and Recess ended up beiong something like 10 minutes. And Periods 3 and 4 were 35 minutes each. That should give you a general picture of what happened. Recess was spent chatting, the usual.

Period 3 was English, which was reading from the workbook, as well as Sandy deciding to attack a fly. There was a fly buzzing around, and Sandy being Sandy decides to get rid of it. So he starts smashing this workbook against the wall again and again. (He got it, by the way.) Next was Maths, which was also doing squat. Really, I love these days where nothing happens. Lunch was talking to mainly Cam and John, about a lot of things really. Everything and nothing. Period 5 was Drama, in Vercoe's old room. Which was, again, a bludge fest, as Sandy was moved after a space of 5 minutes. He has to take this pill (I think he's got ADHD), and I figure he either needs to get more or less of it. I don't know which. Last came Commerce, which due to the lack of people (relatively speaking) due to the excursion, involved packing 45 people into one room to watch a video. Genius, really. And when I say video, I mean video: Lucky if you can find a DVD within this school.

I got home, blah blah blah, and go to cricket training at 4:45. We did some work on preparing for the semi-final on Sunday, which goes from 10 to 6:30 (and, no, I'm not kidding). I'll keep you posted. After training, my Dad and I went to get dinner from the local shops, and then proceeded to go straight to Shay's house. I thought we were going to my house first, but, eh, what are you gonna do. We played handball, then I went on their Wii and did WiiFit. I checked my BMI, and I'm something like 21. Which apparently is normal. Sweet. We went on like that for a while, in the process showing that I will never be good at yoga, until I decided to get on the computer and blog finally. So here I am!

This, I suppose, wraps up my day. Hopefully I'll get to sleep in tomorrow, making it the first Saturday in a while that I've slept in on. Awesome. I end with something I just feel like saying. Because I can. That and I can't be bothered to think on a Friday night.

Peace Out,
AB

2 comments: