Monday, March 16, 2009

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Monday

Another day, another pop culture reference. I'll just say go ahead and Wiki it if you're interested. Today's title basically refers to how today the world was crazy, insane, mad. But, that's not a bad thing. Basically like I say here, but more 'peace-out,' optimistic rather than cynical and pessimistic.

Jo drove me to school, about 30 seconds ahead of my train. Got to school, then Period 1. We had Science, and this was one very strange thing. We did an experiment, but instead of inside, we went out to the basketball court. We poured sulfuric acid on to sugar. Now that may seem relatively harmless, but apparently that experiment releases steam and sulfur dioxide, which according to the internet (according to spellcheck, 'internet' is not a word. WT7?) is toxic and one of the primary components of acid rain (sort of. Technically it's sulfuric acid, which is made up of oxygen and sulfur dioxide. Wikipedia.), so no inside. I found a demonstration on the net. Have a look at the link, that's essentially what happened. Several double entendres were made during that lesson, most by Mr. Robson unintentionally. The link should pretty much explain how. Next came Geography, which involved getting a sheet and Johnson talking about the difference between barriers and bars, both mentioned in passing in the first paragraph. Although, we got much more distracted during Ag last year with McAlpin. At one point we got from fertilisers to the defense capabilities of Switzerland. I may have learnt more during that lesson than I had that entire term. Recess was interesting in that it was boring (makes sense to me). Victor had left, apparently due to vomiting (I'm still not 100% on the details), and Ian and Shafi were probably in the library. So I talked to John and Kevin. We all brought bananas, and were comparing how strange they were. Kevin's was 4 cm long, John's was black, and mine was green and not exactly ready to eat yet. I learnt that the hard way. Period 3 was English, in which we read a short story from a book, and I spent half the period looking stuff up in a 35 year old dictionary (I'm still not sure I how got to that.). Next came Maths, which was doing some work and playing on my calculator. It's strange, but no matter what we do in Maths, I always end up messing around on my calculator (incidentally, the highest number I can do on my calculator with 4 4's without having a Math Error is 4!!4 x (4 x √4)!).

Lunch, 1st half, was talking about... not much actually, and arm wrestling, for some reason. I beat John, tied with Eric, and was beaten by Ian. Hmm. 2nd half was dancing in Room 6 again. Period 5 was Drama, in which Cam and I had to do some mime, so we figured we could make this fun. Cam pretended to be Kolodziej, and imitated him the whole time, including how he sits (strangely) and the infamous Breaking of the Watch. I wasn't there, but I heard it was hilarious. Commerce for me was spent reading, and talking in short intervals. I got home in a 10-year old bus, and my New Scientist was not there. It wasn't there on Friday either. If it's not here by Wednesday, I am going to raise some hell. At home, I did some Geography homework, and got on my computer. Oh, and... EPISODE 36 IS OUT! That's another one! Here's the link, watch it now!

OK, now I'd like to mention some random people.
* My Dad, who specifically mentioned to be put in today's post. He's doing Uni, because he didn't get to as he joined the Navy at 16 or 17. Congrats Dad!
* Justin, who apparently just found my blog. He joins a select group of about 10 people who read this thing.
* Anonymous Commenter Number 1 from this post. You made my day, in that I spent ages trying to work out who you were. I still don't know.
* Indra, from this post. You are the reverse of the above person, in that I know your name, but not who you are (I hope that makes sense).
* Shafi, for getting MSN. Good luck! (To quote him: 'talking to cam and matt simultaneogdgdh' I guess he still has to get typing down.)
* Hurlstone, for having a 24th of March fetish.

OK, that's about it for today. Hopefully tomorrow will be less work. I promise one day I'll stop random lists. Maybe. I'll end with a brain-puzzler. It's got me stumped.

This sentence is a lie,
AB

1 comment:

  1. As I went down to Glenfield town to seek for recreation on the 26th of August me mind being elevated

    ReplyDelete