Thursday, March 5, 2009

Excursion For The Win-dang

I had 3 titles yesterday, and today I can barely think of one. Hmm. Today was... well, not bludgy, because there was nothing to bludge in. It was an excursion. 10MERI went to this place called Windang (here's another Wikipedia link. I really like this article, because of the 'Suburbs around Windang.'). I'll get into my day.

I got driven to school, and everyone was waiting just outside the gate, in mufti of course. We got into the buses around 8:45, and started off to Windang. Which took about 2 hours. I brought two books, the same two I had yesterday. I ended up finishing the first book, and went on to the second book. I also played 13 with Tan, Osmond and Alex Tieu (I think), as well as listening to my iPod. We got handed name tag stickers and a texta in the bus.

If I can make a short aside: must every girl who make those things have to have hearts and stars (Oh, and Jayson). Luckily, I learnt long ago that there are some things in life man is not meant to understand. And I'm not being sexist when I say man, because I really mean man. Not understand women.

We got to the place at around 11, and split into 3 groups. I ended up being with basically the whole group: Cameron, Eric, John, Kevin, Mango and Victor. We went to the beach, and this guide told us about sand dunes and something called bitou bush. (Riveting, I know.) Then it was time for Recess, where some people found humour in feeding/scaring/imitating the seagulls. Then it was time for the only real work we actually did, which ended up being split into 3 parts: sketching, sketching, and reading a map, in which I sucked, sucked, and bored me respectively. This took another 2 hours. Fun. Then it was Lunch, which lasted all of 15 minutes, and in which I forgot to take my lunch out of the bus. So when we left, I just ate my lunch in the bus. On the trip back, I got out my iPod and finished my book while having an hour long Queen marathon (Queen: thy rock gods. I dare you to listen to 'We Will Rock You,' 'Another One Bites the Dust,' 'Killer Queen,' hell, everything they've ever written, and not like it. I dare you.) on my iPod. When that album ran out, I started listening to such songs as 'White Noise,' 'Disturbia,' etc. Oh, while we're on the subject, the song stuck in my head right now is 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift. I got home around quarter to 4.

Well, I guess that sums up today. Tomorrow will hopefully be bludgy, since 10NO will be on the excursion, and so teachers may not do much. Hopefully.

Excursion's a beach,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment