Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Randomness Striketh

That's right, no more song titles! But, because everything sounds better when you make it sound old-timey and slightly retarded (proof. That took ages to find. Then I found out there was a search function on the website.), I made it 'striketh.' (Oh, I've also added a small thing at the side of my page: a word count of my blog.)

I got to school, the usual. Period 1 was English, which was copying stuff out of the booklet (Joy.). Next came Maths, which involved Mango coming out with 4 consecutive numbers multiplied together, plus 1, equals a square number. That square number, square-rooted, is the product of the first and fourth consecutive numbers, plus 1. Proving that took up a good part of the period (In A1, we do that. It's called boredom. Why we do maths is probably why we're in A1. At least that's my guess.), but it works all the time. Proof here. Recess involved talking about the band and what we think is the best song we've ever written. Eric thought 'State of Mind,' Cam thought 'Now She's Gone.' I'm leaning towards 'Where Have You Gone,' just for the sheer catchiness factor. Speaking of music, the song stuck in my head is a parody Abridged song called 'Villain' (link). Period 3 was Drama, which was doing some mime stuff. It's harder than it looks (sorta). Next was Commerce, which was ultra-random, as we split into groups of 5 and pretended we were all in 11th century English villages to talk about common law. Or something like that. Fun, but incredibly random at the same time. But the pinnacle of the randomness of the day was Lunch, in which we (me, Cam, John, Eric, Mango, Victor) went to Room 7 to look at Matt dancing, as well as watching 2 giant chess games, getting a magazine off Ian, and making $2 for more random things involving Room 7 and the magazine (separately). Eric also listened to Hamish and Andy on my iPod. Periods 5 and 6 were PE, dance specifically. We did some work, and we talked about meeting times and exactly how I was getting the steps wrong and what details I could do to fix them. School then ended, but the randomness still didn't stop, as the bus driver somehow manages to miss a turn with little traffic, extending the bus trip by about 10 minutes, and then when I go to ask him about it when he's stopped, he's on his phone saying 'I've missed the turn!' Give the man a medal, he's a genius. Luckily the rest of the journey went fairly smoothly, and I did no homework (as I had none), and went on MSN, the net and TV. Basic night really.

Such sums up a day of randomness, links and localised craziness (hmm, that doesn't sound too bad, localised craziness. Good name for a song?). I end with a quick quote of my own creation, which also happens to be my MSN screen name (another good idea for a song name came last night, in MSN: 'Human, But Otherwise Alright'. Crossed messages, but they work really well together I think). Comment if you can!

Blogging: A sane way of talking to yourself,
AB

5 comments:

  1. no. in a1 YOU do that. WE don't. it's not called boredom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote'd have to go with 'Negativity'. lol.

    But really, my favourite would have to be 'State of Mind'.

    SO YOU FOLKS LIKE COFFEE?
    REAL COFFEE?
    FROM THE HILLS... OF COLOMBIA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude.... Unrequited Love is crankin it

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE SCORE STANDS AT 2 FOR SoM.

    I win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You think blogging is a sane way of tlaking to yourself, it is more an insane way of feeling like you are normal, but we all blog anyway, so I guess everyone's nuts.

    ReplyDelete