Friday, November 6, 2009

The Answer

I thought the title should be a bit reflective of the last one. Basically, this just seemed to follow on, and I didn't want to do something like a play on words for something that's a little serious like the answer to the first time I've actually asked a girl out (this just in: AB has a blinding case of perspective). So, without further ado, let's have a look at my day, and the results of yesterday's big event.

Before school, Ebony and the girl I asked came up, who I can reveal was Shirisha (cue the dramatic theme music! Seriously, though, I asked her because she was nice, she was a girl that I talked to, and there weren't that many, and she went to hapkido with me. I asked her just as friends.). She said to me that she didn't want to go to the formal with a guy, which I accepted. I mean, I can't pretend that I wasn't a little disappointed, but I asked, and she said what she said. I was just proud of myself for actually plucking up the courage and asking. We then, afterwards, went to Role Call, where I read (Role Call on Fridays? It's a thing that goes on when the HSC is on. No idea why though.). It was then Assembly, where we has teachers talk for 10 minutes, after which we talked about electives (Cam is up in arms about the fact that they cancelled Multimedia. Me, I'm fine, as I got all of my electives; I found out yesterday. They also cancelled Art, which makes it really unfortunate for Victor, who I think picked Art and Multimedia. Damn.)

Period 1 was Science, and we got our results back. A lot of people messed up the exam, and nobody got over 90 (the highest mark, I think, was 89. It was out of 100.). I got 87, which was pretty good. A lot of the stuff I pretty much just guessed (not blind guesses, but logical guesses. But guesses nonetheless.) I got right, which was pretty good. Period 2 was Computer Maths, and we did some more studying for the Maths exam. Not that much of us in A1 need it, quite frankly (apart from one person who lost 20 marks because they actually missed a section. I mean, wow. I get missing a question, but missing a whole section... Anyway.). I also found out that the calculator that comes with Windows can become a scientific calculator. I was rather amazed. Recess was more talking.

Periods 3 and 4 were Ag, and we all went down to the sheep yards to do some vaccinating and ear tagging. And by ear tagging, I mean piercing the sheep's ear and putting a tag there. I mean, there's a solid reason (they have to keep track of them, disease and what not), but I couldn't do it. However, I went into the mentality of 'I could at least vaccinate the lambs,' but after I actually heard the ear tagging, I lost all hope of doing it. So for the two periods, I played Solitaire on my iPod and listened to Billy Joel. They were very bludgy periods, and they were good. Lunch was the usual (which is now talking instead of cards. I mean, I still bring them, but we don't play them that much any more. Maybe after exams.).

Period 5 was English, in which we all got our speeches and short stories back (the ones we did for the Trial School Certificate). I actually did pretty well, getting 28/30 combined for the section, which gives me hope for the School Certificate, and the Yearly (I hope I did well, to make up for the Half-Yearly. Damn that exam.). I also read a lot of other people's stories, and they were all really different. And a lot of them, I think, were better than mine, disregarding the fact that a lot of them got the same mark as me. Exam marking is fickle like that. It was then Period 6, which was History. In it, we got a lot of our exams back (Are you seeing a pattern here? Then again, considering it's the Friday before the School Certificate, we probably need them.). I got my History mark, which was 88% (not bad), and a bit of my Geography mark, but only a bit. When I got home, I blogged, although not enough, of course. So here I am.

To comments now, 1 from Mango:
*Mango: Please don't mention late posting. Believe me, I am trying to catch up, but what with studying and a lot of other stuff that keeps cropping up at the last moment, I'm struggling. Sorry, but that is what's happening, I'm afraid.

Now, you see, I would usually put here some complaint about the post. I can't even do that now, though, without being repetitively repetitive, because I put it in the comment reply. So I want to do a little reflection here, on what has happened over the past two days. I think I have taken a step up socially, and I think that if I were to ask someone again, I would be better capable of doing it. And that is good, regardless of what she said. Will I ask anyone else? Probably not, but you never can rule it out.

I am glad that I did ask,
AB

2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know: Role call and assembly is held in the morning on Friday's because it usually gets hot in summer because of the sun, so they do assembly in the morning when it is not that hot instead of later on in the day when it is a bit more hot. Role call is held before assembly to make sure we are all at school when we are meant to be there are not turning up after assembly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And epic lol at you not even knowing that the calculator on Windows has a scientific mode. I mean, its had that mode for so many years, and im sure youve used the calculator a billion times without even going to the views and checking what other modes there are. Epic lol.

    ReplyDelete