Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Recommendations and Removals

The recommendation refers to a sheet we were given in Role Call, which will be explained in the following paragraph, and a little quickly. 'Removals' may refer to quite a few things, including the fact that I was taken out of school to go to the orthodontist. So, let us examine how these two seemingly unrelated (and indeed, almost entirely unrelated) things played their part in my day.

Before school, we had Role Call, and sheets were given out, saying that we were to nominate people for various categories, and the winners of these were to get sashes at the formal. Some examples were best sportsman, most likely become to become Prime Minister and best hair (why, Victor of course.). But, there was one that stuck out for me. Near the bottom, it was, and just two words: Biggest Nerd. Now, as you can guess, this was a big thing for me, and I made a resolution to win it. So in the next period, which was History, most of the class watched 'Man vs Wild,' while I took some spare paper, cut them up into cards, then wrote 'Vote AB for Biggest Nerd' on them (you know what they say: if something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.). When we got out of History, I promptly started handing out these cards to random people, in the hope that I would win it. In Period 2, in English, we got our report results back from Hancock, and I got, I'm happy to say, all As (as in the plural of 'A,' not the word 'as.'). That should certainly make up for my C in the middle of the year (damn the half-yearly. Damn it.). Recess was taking pictures on my phone (which I believe I am keeping), and trying to get one of a lot of people (Aleksa, a Year 8 or 9 who hangs with us sometimes, was camera-shy for some reason.).

Period 3 was Science, and we had Pitt instead of Robson, even though Robson was here (it was something to do with marking HSCs and Physics classes; I wasn't entirely sure. But, we had him regardless.). In it, we first talked a little about the LHC (when he asked what it was, I wasn't allowed to answer. Mainly because I knew a lot about it already, including a basic understanding of how it works and what it hopes to achieve, with supersymmetry and Higgs bosons and so on.), and then we started doing measurements for height against armspan (are they actually equal? Is it just an old wives' tale? We shall see.). It was then Lunch, where I played DS (yes, I brought it to school.) and messed around with the phone on my camera, where I finally got a snap of Aleksa. It was funny.

When the bell went, I went over to the office, because I had to get checked out in order to go to the orthodontist. I was picked up at around 1:30, and Mum and I promptly got EJ and made our way over to Liverpool. After having a look at some stuff, we went to the orthodontist, and I was ready to have my elastics put in. Or so I thought. Instead, they decided to take my expander out, which involved removing some of the actual braces, scraping the concrete-like stuff that stuck them to my teeth off, then removing the expander, then putting back whatever they had taken out in order to remove the expander (so, the concrete, the braces, and so on.). It took about 30 minutes, and when I got out, I could feel the top of my gums. Later, at around 7:15, we left for hapkido.

Grandmaster Geoff was here, and we were piled 5 to a row all the way down to the back of the dojang, which appears to be what is going to happen more often on Wednesdays (I personally think that they've messed up the system a little, but that's just what I think.). In the actual class, I was partnered with Tim, a white belt whose name I only remember because it was in 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail' (that's nothing against the guy, I'm just shocking at remembering names.). I did some work on techniques, and all in all it was a good class. And when I got home, I blogged a little, although quite obviously not enough to catch up.

This was my day. I apologise for the continued lateness, but, believe it or not, I am trying to get it back to normal. Quite frankly, I'm just surprised I can remember it all. Ah, the awesome power of the human brain. Or, something like that.

Goodbye expander, hello gums,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment