Monday, November 16, 2009

Circus: Tour '09

Yes, that's right, it's the big day today! The concert I've been waiting for in spirit for about a decade (I've been a Britney Spears fan since then), and actually been waiting for since I found out about it in maybe February (I mentioned it in passing when I talked about the Veronicas concert. Jees, has it been that long?). The first time she's been to Australia, and I went to the first concert in Sydney. So, I'm going to talk about my day, and then go on about the concert. So probably expect a post of epic proportions.

When I got to school, it seemed somewhat deserted, as there was nobody at our table (with the Year 10s and 12s gone, the school seems a lot emptier.). So I took a guess and headed up to the library where, sure enough, I found Kevin watching Andy play on his PSP. I also saw Alice and Rhoda, so there were good signs as to how many people would show up. When the bell went, we stayed at the library, as we were staying there. 5 people showed up, and I'm including the people I already said, the last one being a guy called Jackie (Andy is in Year 9, for those who don't know). We were given a booklet to start off with, which was packed full of mindless, repetitive work that really wasn't all that exciting. Luckily, the boredom was punctured by a teacher asking Kevin, Jackie and me (Alice and Rhoda were doing office duty) to show a family around Hurlstone for a tour, as they weren't going to be at Orientation Day. The kid (I think her name was Rahini, or something.) came from the same school as EJ, so they knew him. I showed them all around, from the hall to the cows to the uniform shed. When I was done, it was pretty much the end of Recess, and so we then went back to the library.

At the library, I surfed the net a little, and I discovered that you could download Scratch on the school's computer, and I promptly did (I'm surprised; I thought something blocked that on the computers. But, there isn't, so, cool.). I then surfed the net and found that you can get two player chess online (learning something new about these computers.). I thus promptly played with Kevin, with both of us winning one game. We also surfed the net. Lunch was showing Kevin some Abridged on my iPod.

Next, I went on the computers, and Kevin introduced me to a little thing called 'Fantastic Contraptions.' What it is is a website wherein you get a lot of gears and that type of thing, and get an object into an area (I assure you, it sounds much less fun than it actually is. It is very fun, and you can play it on the website, appropriately called 'Fantastic Contraption.'). I was playing that for quite a while, struggling with some of the levels, which involved (in some cases) moving stuff around while still trying to keep a vehicle upright. It was a bit difficult, but I managed to pull it off eventually. When the bell went, I went home, and I then prepared for the big concert.

We (Shay and I, she's going too) got to Acer Arena for the Britney Spears concert (I never get tired of saying that) at around 6:30, and I got some merchandise (I got a program and a keyring. I would have gotten a hat, but they were a bit expensive. Ah well.). It was here I found one thing: there were seemingly no other guys here except me and the security guards (I have since found out that females outnumbered men by a six-to-one ratio. Quite frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't more than that.) So we went into the arena, where Shay and I bought dinner, which was mostly chips and drinks, although I also had fish. We finished our dinner and went into the concert by about 7:30.

It was gigantic. If you've never been to Acer Arena, imagine a big stadium, sort of like Telstra Stadium or the SCG or something like that (and if you've never been there, shame.), then put a small stage there, right in the centre. We found our seats, which were truly excellent seats, by the way (they were close enough so you could really see the stage, in all its detail. We were about level with the stage, and about 50 m away, although I'm not the greatest when it comes to judging distance. Close, is what I'm trying to say here.). At 8, the curtain rose; to see a DJ, who it turns out was a woman called Havana Brown (I've never heard of her, tell you truth, but she was quite good, and not that bad looking.). From the back, she looked a little like Britney, but when she turned around, I was slightly confused. I mean, I sort of expected Britney to be there, but she wasn't (not that I noticed straight away. I was thick there. But I suspected it once I saw her face.). She went off the stage at 9, and we then had a countdown to when she would come out. And at 9:30, the stars came out. Or, rather, the one star: Britney Spears (I'm sorry, as soon as I thought of it, it had to be said.).

Now, I'm sure that, unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard that Britney was going to lip-sync in concerts. Now, she started off with 'Circus,' and while I knew she was going to lip-sync, she could have fooled me. She was very good, and the dancing was really good. It was way better than the Veronicas concert, and even Shay agreed with me. Britney did a lot of dancing (she looked pretty good too), and she sang, throughout the night, basically every great Britney Spears song under the sun, except for two: 'My Prerogative' and 'Oops!... I Did It Again.' She did everything from '...Baby One More Time' to 'Toxic' to 'Womanizer,' but she did not do 'Oops!... I Did It Again,' which is probably my favourite Britney Spears song. She did sing one song live (although I could have sworn she sung others live, she did not), and it was 'Everytime.' If you have ever heard 'Everytime,' you will most likely love it, and she sang it live. There was only one problem: because of a coincidence of lighting, I could barely see anything as Britney was blocked out by a spotlight. I only managed to see her by covering the spotlight with my program and closing one eye (it was difficult. Still, it was good.). She finished the concert by about 10:30, after 'Womanizer,' and confetti rained down. I could say that it was the best concert I've ever been to, but my experience is limited. It was very good though. I ended up getting home and falling asleep by about 12:15 (what, in the morning?).

That was my day, which was a great one. I'd like to take this time out, to apologise for posts that are late, and posts that haven't occurred yet (yes, I am quoting Akon shamelessly. I should know that song, I made a parody of it. Which was sort of a success. Then I sang it, which was a bit of a failure. My singing is not all that great.). Seriously though, I know this post is spectacularly late, and I'm working towards it. But, until then, we're gonna have to grin and bear it. Anyway. Today was brilliant, and I fully loved the concert.

That's one life goal fulfilled,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment