Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Spacers and Shoppers

Me, I was the shopper! As well as my Mum. We also went to the orthodontist, and put spacers in. So, explanation there. I tried thinking of plays on words and other alliterative titles, but there's not a lot you can do with the word 'orthodontist' (I did consider 'or the dontist,' but it didn't work out too well.). Anyway. Let's have a look at my day, as I really try to get really back on schedule.

I woke up at around 7:15, as I wasn't going to school today and so didn't have to wake up early. It wasn't because we weren't doing anything at school and so why bother, nor was it to do with me going to the concert (the awesome concert, mind you) yesterday, but rather that I had an appointment at the orthodontist (so, the other two reasons were related, but not directly. The appointment was when it was because I would be otherwise going to school and do nothing because I wasn't going to school and do nothing because I wasn't going to camp because of the concert. Just wanted to get that out of the way.). So I got my stuff, and Mum and I soon headed over to Liverpool shops.

We first went and dropped Mum's car off for a service, and then walked to Westfields, where we wandered around the shops. We first stopped by 'Toys R Us' (and I would have made a backwards R there if I could, but I can't, at least without an inordinate amount of effort. Yes, I use the word 'inordinate.') to find stuff that we could get for various Christmas presents (I know, we've started to think about that already, and there is over a month to go. But, jees, the year goes quickly. I mean, it's already halfway through November.). We had a look at the computer games (for want of a better classification. DS games and PS3 games and such.) and looked amongst the board games, and around some other toys and games (did you know they still make Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon cards? I saw them in the shops and I was somewhat shocked.). After that, we both went to the orthodontist for my appointment.

I got in, and watched the TV for a few minutes before I was called in for the actual appointment. I laid down on the bed, awaiting whatever it was they were going to do. 30 seconds later, they said they'd finished. Blink and you would have missed it. Turns out they only put spacers in (very similar to the ones from this post, although I'm assuming they won't hurt as much, due to my jaw already being partially used to them. Hopefully.). It was very quick (that's what she said!), and I have to come back on Wednesday (not tomorrow, a week from tomorrow), I think to put elastics on. But don't quote me.

After we got out of the orthodontist's, we went back into Westfields, where we went to get my suit for the formal (buying it is apparently cheaper than hiring it, even just for one night, which makes no sense but there you go). I had some choice in the matter, in that the attendant and Mum picked various suits, shirts and ties, and I said yes or no. Probably for the best, as otherwise it wouldn't turn out too well, which it eventually did. We then went down to the bus stop, and rode the bus home, getting to home at about 12:30. And so, for essentially the rest of the day, I went on 'Fantastic Contraptions' and blogged.

And that was my day. Sorry for the late post, I am really trying to get back up, believe me. It's annoying me like hell, but I persevere. I swear I will get back up to date soon. Maybe on a weekend where I'm doing absolutely nothing.

The saga of my teeth continues,
AB

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Nice Blog all the problem related to dental health solved here. Thank you for that
    Orthodontist melbourne

    ReplyDelete