Friday, November 20, 2009

Just Take It Off

I am fully aware of the double entendre there. In fact, I took the quote from 'I Gotta Feeling,' and I figured I might as well use it. What do I actually mean? I mean I stayed home, I took the day off (see?). And there you go. So, let's have a look at my day.

I woke up at 6 this morning, and in case you're wondering why I said that (I mean, I only say that when I'm not going to school. I'm assuming, of course, you didn't read the opening paragraph, though, as that would sorta spoil it.), it's because I did not go to school today. I did have a reason though, in that it was a closed weekend and everybody got back from camp last night, so not that many people would be going (it turns out only about 15 Year 10s actually went. So, wow, I guessed that one pretty well.). So I stayed home, where I tried to catch up on blogging (I know.). However, Dad bought a movie over Foxtel, which was something called 'Fired Up.' I hadn't seen it before (I hadn't even really heard that much about it, to be honest), but we watched it, and it was pretty good. Sure, it had a lot of cliche stuff in it, but it actually wasn't too bad. After we'd watched the movie, Dad and I then decided to go to Westfields.

While there, we had lunch (Red Rooster), and then we went out to look at books and games. I was trying to find 'Sims 3,' to see if it was any cheaper outside of 'Toys R Us' (result: it doesn't seem to exist outside of 'Toys R Us.' So, going great here.). I then found a game that I could buy EJ for Christmas, which I did, and will not say it yet as a result of it being a surprise. We then left Westfields, and retired to home, escaping to the air conditioned sanctuary (it was over 40 degrees outside, and it was goddamn hot outside.). Now, when there is a clear sky and it's 40 degrees, you would think it would stay that way for some time. Not so. Clouds began to gather, and it thus began to rain. Within the space of about 2 minutes, there was no rain, then some sprinkling, then it started bucketing down. Absolutely pouring. There were ferns down out the back, and all was drenched. Remember, this came out of a relatively clear sky. And of course, it just so happened that while it was pouring, Dad had to go and get EJ, while I stayed inside. By the time they were back, the rain had cleared up and the sun was out. I don't know what that means (I'm no meteorologist), but it at least means you gotta prepare for everything weather-related. I always bring my umbrella to school.

When EJ got home, he went out to the kitchen; and found what I had got him, as I had forgotten to put it in my room (in other words; crap.). It was 'Medieval II: Total War,' which I figured was something EJ would definitely love (he's gonna pay me back.). Only problem was that it wasn't installing on EJ's computer, and, at the time of posting, still isn't. So, sorta dodged a bullet that it didn't happen on Christmas Day. Anyway. Later, we sat down to watch comedy routines of both Eddie Murphy and Robin Williams. They are both hilarious, and I urge you all to see them (as well as 'Monty Python.' Not that Murphy or Williams are in that, but I just like to put that in there from time to time.).

This was my Friday. I should probably intensely apologise (intensely is not the right word here, but, who cares. Substitute a word of your choice here.) about late posting, but it's been done. Ditto for short posting, and even complaining about not being able to say those things. What has my closing paragraph become?

Self-reference, apparently,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment