Wednesday, November 11, 2009

School Certificate: Computer Skills

Well, this is it, folks: the last exam of the School Certificate, and the last exam of the year. We've come a long way for this one (I'm talking about exams, not this particular one), and it is finally the day where we can officially relax. So, with that in mind, why don't we have a look at what happened in the day, the day of the last exam.

Before school, we had Role Call, where I read, and where a lot of people were asking around to see if anybody actually knew where the exam was being held, and not that many people did (a pretty big oversight not to be told where a bloody School Certificate exam is being held, don't you think? I mean, we need it to complete Year 10, and people don't know where... anyway. I think I've made my point.). A few people did, though, which was enough, as we just followed them. Once we knew, we made our way down to Room 42 (insert 'Hitchhiker's Guide' joke here; I certainly did, not that many people noticed or even understood.), and we eventually got into the room.

We all took up our separate computers, and logged in. Now, what happened was that there was a separate program on all of the computers, which, after clicked on, got us to do a computer exam. And the thing was, it would have worked perfectly well off computers (of course, they could have set it up so that if you can't do the exam, then you automatically fail. Aha! That's it! Those sneaky buggers...). So I did the 100 questions, and checked over them twice (it was rather boring when you complete them with about half the time yet to go. I seem to be doing this lately. I don't know whether that means I'm doing it really right or really wrong.). I then settled down to having a close to a rest as you can, before realising that most of the class had finished, and were in fact sitting directly behind me. Oy vey. So I clicked 'I'm Finished,' and went to go listen to my iPod. Eventually, the bell went.

When I went to Recess, I saw a set of speakers (you know, the big speakers) playing music (it seemed like real life had just got its own soundtrack). However, when Recess finished, it transpired why they were there; it was the Remembrance Day service. That went for most of the period, and the majority of the people were respectful (I saw the occasional person talking through it, which I think is a disgrace.). When the service ended, we went to Science, where we briefly talked about our assignments, which we got back (I got 20/25, which was apparently pretty good.). We're also going to be doing some work on experiments, as a lot of people messed up parts of the assignment. Lunch was some Abridged with Kevin.

We then went to School Sport, which was a choice between soccer and netball, which promptly evolved into a choice between netball and netball (it was a difficult decision.). Our team kept winning, so Kevin and I, being in the same team, were stuck playing for ages. However, like many sessions of School Sport, we all went for a drinks break, and the majority of people didn't get up to play sport again (only the people who actually wanted to play, which numbered a few people, but didn't include me.). So I read, and did more Abridged on my iPod with Kevin. I also, eventually, got into a conversation with Alex Bui (the other AB), Kelvin (not Kevin) and Lana about everything from string theory and extra dimensions to the formal and what we're all doing on the holidays (it seems more people than you'd expect are going to Europe.). And when Sport was done, I went and got picked up by Dad, after which we picked EJ up, swung by the local shops, and went home. At around 7;15, we left for hapkido.

Grandmaster Geoff was, oddly enough, not here again (I don't know where he is), but Shirisha was. In the lesson, almost the whole dojang was taken up by people, as they do mixed lessons on Wednesday (as in, with black belts.). It was a rather tiring class, although an enjoyable one. That seems to happen a lot. In it, I tried out some techniques (messing up on more than one occasion, although I am still learning some of the orange belt stuff), and we got taught some stuff about actual fighting, such as how to use the length of your arms and legs (which is not a problem for me). I got home at about 7:45, and we watched 'FlashForward,' although I didn't catch up on posting. So here I am.

And that was my day. Well, there it is, the last exam of the year, and thus about the point where we can stop stressing and just take it easy for the rest of the year (hopefully). Anyway. I'll try to catch up soon, but we'll see when.

5 down, and not a one to go for quite a while,
AB

1 comment:

  1. I'll send you the song in an email
    "nananana nana nana can't touch this"

    ReplyDelete