Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Boats and Goats

OK, this title is what you get when you do very little exceptional things in the day, and so you pretty much just pick some random stuff from periods that rhyme (as opposed to being alliterative. I think 'alliterate' is the verb, although I just made that up. I am apparently right, which is cool.). You'll see what I mean by my title when I get to their respective periods. Now, let us get to my day.

Period 1 was Science, and we were doing something quite strange. Basically, we were given a piece of paper, and we could fold it or cut it however way we liked, as long as it remained in one piece (sounds simple so far). Then, we had to make it float in water (paper boats? They work. Although I wouldn't want to be out at sea in one.). Weights were then put on it, and the person who could find a way to put the most mass on the paper boat wins. There were several designs, but the winner was eventually Oishi, whose design supported 24 25 gram masses, in a total of 600 grams. It was pretty much a plain sheet of paper whose sides had been folded slightly up to stop water from getting in. It was a fun period (I got 14, by the way. My design was a regular sheet of paper, but with the sides curved up. It worked a lot better than I had thought.). Period 2 was Computer Maths, and we were doing something to do with distance-time graphs. Yes, they're back for more, after we were sick of them in Science (that sorta sounds like a Hollywood movie trailer. If you'll indulge me here... 'You witnessed the sheer horror in Science, and now they have returned: in your Maths period. Coming this summer... an Alan Smithee production... Distance Versus Time II: Deathematics.' I'm sorry, I just felt like doing that.). Recess was talking.

Periods 3 and 4 were Agriculture, and we went down to the goat sheds to do some foot paring (like cutting nails, but with goat feet. The hooves basically. Or is it hoofs? Apparently, both. How crazy the English language is.). Now, I've said before how goats hate me, and this was not disproven, as the group I got in (consisting of me, Ebony, Alan, Lana and Shirisha) found the only goat whose hooves were so misshapen that none of us could work out exactly what to cut. Even Schippers was a little confused. But we got through it, by which time it was about halfway through Period 4. So I spent the rest of the time not doing much at all. Standard double Ag stuff, really. Lunch was the same as Recess.

Period 5 was English, and we all got our exam results back (I got mine back yesterday, but still. The rest of the class got theirs today.). It seems the average mark was something like 31 or 32, so I am quite happy with my mark (although just because you get above average doesn't guarantee a good report. Last year, for example, I got slightly above average in the exam for English and got a C, but got slightly below average in History and got an A. Does this make sense? Of course not.). Period 6 was History, in which I read the book that I had started this morning, 'A Prisoner of Birth,' which is a really good book. I recommend it (although, I recommend the majority of Jeffrey Archer books, especially 'As The Crow Flies,' as well as 'Kane & Abel.' I was going to put more here, but I would be going on for a bit.). It was sort of a bludge. And after school, I went home, and I watched Hamish & Andy's yearly Christmas show, which we had taped. Damn, but it's funny.

Comments away, with one from the one person.
*Mango: I would like to remind you that females outnumbered males at the concert in a six-to-one ratio. I rest my case here.

This was my day. As you just saw, I got a comment, for the first time in a while. I do enjoy comments, although I don't require them (there is a difference between want and need. Comments are an example of the former rather than the latter.). Also, it's a little late, but I am trying to deal with that.

I sorta like that title, although I don't really know why,
AB

1 comment:

  1. no i doesnt rest your case, it raises the question 'why did you go then?'

    ReplyDelete