Friday, November 27, 2009

Mufti and Movies

This is my third alliterative title in as many days. My name is AB, alliterator of alliterators! Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair (I really couldn't resist. I love that poem. Or, at least, that part of it.). I believe this title is rather straight-forward, so I am not going to bother explaining it. Instead, I'll just skip straight to my day.

Today was a mufti day, ladies and gentlemen, and one that was closer to the school than most. Zoe Diamond is going to Perth to do some big swimming thing (I think it's either a nation or a world thing; either way it's pretty massive.), and we were helping fund her way there, which I think is pretty good. So for the beginning we had Role Call, wherein I played DS, and it was then Assembly, where I continued (OK, I'm a little addicted to that thing. It's fun, though, and that's what matters.). Period 1 was Ag, and the people who were here (which, in our class, numbered not that many), had to clean out the horticulture shed, which basically involved hauling large, heavy sacks from one end of the school down to the other end, to put it in a large garbage bin. We used wheelbarrows, and we got the job done quickly, although Hewie, Alan and I had to clean up a mess we made when a garbage bag split open. Oy vey. Period 2 was Geography, and we watched yet more 'Man vs Wild.' I played my DS. It doesn't really matter (I'm not being a nihilist here, I'm just saying schoolwork is over and done with.). Recess was talking.

Period 3 was Maths, and we were showed something called 'GeoGebra' (as in, geometry and algebra. Nobody said mathematicians were brilliant at creating names. That's not to say the things themselves aren't great, but the names are sometimes hard to come by.). It's a basically free version of 'Geometer's Sketchpad,' and I might get it later. It seems OK. Period 4 was Science, and in this, Robson showed us an experiment we were to do, and which we did (I know that sounds a litte strange. Just, we did an experiment.). What it was was a simple bottle, partially filled with water and attached to a pump. Basically, when you press the pump, you pressurise the bottle, and the air trapped inside. Then, you press a button, and you create a projectile with the bottle, as the water and air is forced out. We were trying it with different volumes of water, and we found something like 300 mL of water was best. It was basically the mass of water versus the velocity it could present. Lunch was the standard.

Period 5 was Commerce, and we went to the library annex to watch a movie on lethal force and the taser. I am personally in favour of it, as I believe it has to be safer than the gun, but I still think more research is needed, just in case (although, being a science nerd, I think more research is always good. So, that's me.). Period 6 was English, and it was our last English period with Hancock, as he has other staffing roles to play, and so Arnault will be taking us for the rest of the term. He's good, I think, but not as good as Hancock. It was also our first real English period without Tiana, who left yesterday, and won't be coming back next year. So, a bit of a nostalgic period, as well as a random one, as we talked about all manner of things (work is overrated.). And when I got home, I blogged a little, and soon we watched a movie, the film version of 'Angels & Demons.' I believe it was good, although it can't really compare with the book. Not many film versions of books really can.

This was my day. I apologise for the lateness; I have recently realised just how far behind I am. So there will indeed be a big rush of posts soon, in an attempt to get back up before the big 300. I, personally, am hoping that I won't need to have an inordinate amount of work, while still getting there. Here's hoping.

I am beginning to really detest the late schedule,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment