Monday, November 23, 2009

Everything Back But Work

This being a reference to the song 'Everything Back But You,' as well as referring to the fact that everybody came back to school, and that we barely do any work now. OK, that's that. Now, let us have a look at my day, and soon, for I am running out of things to say in this opening paragraph.

Before school, we talked about the camp, and it appears there were a lot of highlights and lowlights (apparently Mango took his shirt off at the disco. I now use that as a reason for not going to camp, in favour of the Britney Spears concert. I mean, what would you pick: Mango shirtless or Britney Spears?). Period 1 was Geography, and we watched another episode of 'Man vs Wild,' which is becoming a bit of a running joke in our class (there appear to be a few running jokes in the people I talk to, with 'Is it David?' being one example.). I mean, the guy will seemingly eat anything and drink anything out in nature, which would be good, except for the fact that he antagonises snakes (because that's what you want to do if you want to stay alive in the wild. You piss off deadly snakes.). So, take whatever he says with a grain of salt. Period 2 was Science, and we continued to learn about the acceleration due to gravity through pendulum swinging. We got a result of about 9.9, which is very close, if I do say so. Recess was talking.

Period 3 was Ag, and we all went down to look at the potatoes. It looks like they're about ready to be harvested, and from what Schippers said, we may be pulling them out either next week or the week after. After the week off, the weeds have been taking over the beds, and whether or not the bed survived depends on how well you mulched, and a bit of luck. Our bed was relatively unscathed, but the one across from ours had weeds taking over over half of the whole bed. There weren't many potatoes surviving. Period 4 was PE, and we weren't really doing much at all. I mean, it really didn't matter either way, so a lot of people just talked. I didn't do much, personally (a big bludge, it was.). Next was Lunch, and I went down to the English cottage to check my mark, as I had heard good things from people who were here on Friday. I got 35/40, which I believe was second in the grade (so my yearlies went really well. First in Drama and Commerce, and second in Science, PE and English. Quite good.).

Period 5 was Maths, and we were just pretty much doing questions out of the book (yes, we are still doing questions. The Maths staff seems to be doing that; they were doing logarithms in B1, I think. So, it's not just A1. Hell, half of B3 is still going for it. Not sure about C1, though they're probably not doing much.). Period 6 was Drama, and we got into groups to write some of the play about Michael Jackson's life. Eventually, though, our group split up (I was going to say schism, to reference 'A Series of Unfortunate Event,' but it didn't really fit. Ah well.), with Alice, Cameron and me talking and making jokes, and Ebony and Pradeepti actually doing work. At one point, I interrupted Ebony (I think. I don't really know; Ebony can respond to the smallest of things.), and she gave me a big whack across my leg. I had a red handprint on the side of my left knee for about half an hour. Soon I got home, and we left for hapkido at around 7.

Both Grandmaster Geoff and Shirisha were here today, and at one point, Grandmaster mentioned something about if anyone went to the Britney Spears concert. I put up my hand, of course; and was promptly bagged beyond all recognition (I'm exaggerating a little here. But not by much.). I'm lucky he didn't ask about 'New Moon.' In the actual class, we worked on some techniques. Dylan and I were partnered, and we were having issues with one technique (it's supposed to hurt, and I was on the ground and I wasn't feeling any pain.) We figured it out eventually, though. When I got home, I blogged, though not much. So here I am.

This was my Monday. I am aware that this post is rather late, but I shall soon be free of the burden of lateness and be back to a schedule of normality. Soon. I hope it won't be long, but we'll have to see.

May the normality resume soon,
AB

1 comment:

  1. In reference to 'what would you pick: Mango shirtless or Britney Spears?' try to see it from a female point of view before judging my decision.

    ReplyDelete