Friday, November 13, 2009

Bludge & Gold

OK, I'm having slight titling difficulties. This one is a reference to the song 'Black & Gold.' So, yeah. I know my titling is a problem, I am trying to fix it. Some things are unavoidable though. Ah well. I better get to my day, which was quite good.

I was driven to school, after a stuff-up I made with packing my bag, and so I got to school early. At school, I talked to people, and I somehow started going nuts with puns, shoehorning everybody's names into puns (or, at least, I tried. I got most people though.). Throughout Role Call, which was first, I tried to think of a pun to go with Victor's last name (he said I couldn't do it. I got into the mindset that there had to be one, and I was going to find it.). We then had Assembly, and I told Victor and Ebony (who was with him, of course) what I had come up with, which was not something to write home about, but acceptable. In the Assembly itself, we had one guy who finally explained the signs that were up around the school about calling something 'gay' (it's hard to really explain, but he was pretty much saying that calling something 'gay' was wrong, comparing it to calling someone Asian or Christian, and to pick something else, which I fully agree with.). Most people I talked to were all behind him, some people were against him, and at least one person entirely missed the point, calling him 'gay.' Oy vey.

Period 1 was Geography, where we watched more of that 'Man vs. Wild' thing, with the guy this time going to Belize, where he told viewers to stay clear of a boa constrictor; and then promptly attacking it. I mean, he did kill it (and eat it), but if you don't get to kill it, then you could be in a bit of a fix. He also ate spider-scorpions (a sort of cross between the two, found in a cave. I forget the actual name, though.), and went after a rat. Period 2 was Science, in which we finished the experiment on pendulums (in the plural, I refer you to yesterday's post.). I think we mostly got an accelerator due to gravity of about 9.6, which is pretty damn close for a Year 10 experiment, I must say. Recess was me up at the office trying to pay for raffle tickets and return unsold ones, which took up a bit and I didn't get finished.

Period 3 was Ag, and we all went down to the farm to check our potatoes. We mostly spent the period weeding and mulching, and I of course listened to my iPod. The various groups and classes are all having different levels of successes with weeds, with some being almost free of them, and some being packed so close to the potato plants that you can't see the beds properly and pulling them out would be a significant hassle. It's pretty surprising (we are going pretty well, by the way.). Period 4 was PE, and we got our exams back. It seems a lot of people messed up, with the highest mark I saw being something like 85%. I actually got second in the class, which I'm pretty satisfied with (I really want to mention something here, although it's a little braggy, but here goes. I have had at least 4 top two results in exams in my class, not counting the Trial SCs that don't count, so to speak, with those being Commerce, Drama, Science and PE. I don't want to seem like I'm showing off, but that's damn good, if I do say so myself.). Lunch was the raffle tickets, doing a brief 'Bohemian Rhapsody' thing with Victor (at least four people in the group know a lot of the words to it: John, Ebony, Victor and me.), and talking about a burn that Ian did to Matt. I wasn't there, but I was told what happened by separate people, and suffice to say that it was the most epic burn I have ever heard, with little exaggeration. And coming from Ian... anyway.

Period 5 was Maths, and we were going to do probability before I brought up my School Certificate last question (the one about the sum of the cubes.). Rawson then got the class and him to work it out mathematically, which I didn't do in the exam. And for good reason, as it took quite a bit of the class (I got it right, by the way. Oh, yeah.). You have to work it out by mathematical induction (I'm not entirely sure what it is, but the Wikipedia article explains it pretty well.). Period 6 was Drama, and we had a pretty fun, sort of bludgy lesson wherein we talked about the play we are doing in a few weeks, the Michael Jackson tribute one. At one point, though, in the midst of discussing a lot of random stuff, Kolodziej came out with 'I wish there were more kid like Alex.' To which I responded with an confused and surprised look. It was jut something to do with doing well in class and doing what Kolodziej says, but still, it threw me quite a bit. We also talked about the Britney Spears concert, which I'm going to on Monday in place of camp (jees, I can't wait. It's gonna be great.). When I got home, I blogged some, and then we as a family watched a movie, which was 'The Boat That Rocked.' It was a pretty good movie; I sure enjoyed it.

That was my Friday. I'll really try to get back up when it comes to the ways of the on time posting, but we'll have to see. I'm just lucky my memory has improved slightly and I can remember in some detail about what I did on the days. Anyway.

So ends a week of exams,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment