Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Asking

This is neither a play on words, nor a reference to anything, nor even an alliterative title. Something big just happened today; but it's something I did myself. It'll make much more sense when I explain what happens. Which is early on in the day, so it's the next paragraph. Anyway. Without further ado (and I'm trying to go quickly, as late posting is getting worse), let's have a look at my day, which I can say was probably a big step in my life.

Before school, I drew up my confidence to do something I've never done, nor ever really considered doing before I decided to do it yesterday: I asked a girl to the formal. I'm not going to say who it is on a public blog until it's all resolved (though I will say it when she answers, which I know due to the post being late to be tomorrow. Ooh, time travel powers!), but she said she'd get back to me. Period 1 was Geography, and we did some study for the School Certificate next week (damn, it's next week. It's closer than I thought.). We also got some marks back, for the multiple choice for Geo. Period 2 was Science, in which we looked at more depth into evolution, and we looked at different examples (you see, we can see evolution in some cases. Just not that many. One example is the peppered moth; Wikipedia article included for people who don't know what I'm talking about.) and how Darwin saw evolution, by which I mean natural selection (he didn't know about genes, of course). Recess was talking.

Period 3 was Agriculture, and we went out to the farm to have a look at the potatoes that we planted. And there were weeds everywhere. They were growing in between the beds, in the beds between the plants, in between the plots; it can certainly be said that the weeds thrived. Our soil was fairly bad, so it supported less weeds. Paradoxically, our potato plants were (arguably) a little better off for being in worse soil. But there were weeds, so we all spent the period trying to pull them out. It's a lot of work. Not hard, but a lot of it. I also talked to Ebony in the midst of all of it, about what I did in the morning (you know, about asking someone to the formal), as I trust her and it's good to hear it from a different perspective (as opposed to, say, Cam's. It's not that he's got bad advice, but there are a lot of different perspectives.). Period 4 was PE, and we watched Youtube again. This one was looking at Aboriginal health care, and so on. We also looked through those booklets. PE has become a bit of a bludge. Lunch was talking.

Period 5 was Maths, and we did stuff about probability trees. It's like the pulling out weeds that we did in Period 3: It wasn't hard. It was just repetitive work. The same basic thing over and over. It wasn't too interesting. I also had Justin and Karen guessing who I asked, and I barely said a thing (next post, next post...). Period 6 was Drama, and we had a hilarious improv bit, where a lot of people were called out to do some spontaneous comedy. A lot of people did a lot of funny things (I was going pun after pun in some cases), but at one point, Ebony walked out after refusing to do something and arguing with Kolodziej. It was fairly unexpected. We also did a 'Jerry Springer' bit, with Rutherford as Jerry and Tansy and Lucy going at it as the people on the bit. It was really good. To say they make a great comedic duo on the stage would be an understatement; they do in real life too. Constantly. I love doing Drama. And when the bell went, I went home, and I did some blogging. But obviously not enough by a wide margin, so here I am.

And that was my day. Tomorrow, a lot of the questions that have been left unanswered will go answered (who did I ask? What did she say? How will I react either way?), so stay tuned (I can't really say that for an internet site, but whatever. Keep reading, then.). I'll also see how posting goes for lateness. No promises though.

I still can't believe I asked somebody,
AB

1 comment:

  1. lol why are you making everyone wait till the next post? you're already far enough behind.

    ReplyDelete