Tuesday, November 10, 2009

School Certificate: Mathematics and HSIE

You know, if I had taken the full title, I would have gotten 'School Certificate: Mathematics and History, Geography, Civics and Citizenship.' I have no idea why it is so long. I think 'HSIE' works better anyway: it's more succinct, and it's actually one word (well, acronym, but let's not get technical here.). So, let us have a look at my day.

Before school, I went to the bus stop, and briefly told some guys who were lost where they were (they said that they were trying to get to northern Sydney. No idea how they stuffed up that badly.). When I did get to school, I talked, and suddenly went into a panic: I needed a protractor. I asked Cam, but then everybody laughed. Turned out that about 4 other people in the group had asked him already, and Eric was the lucky one that got it. So I rushed to the Maths staffroom, as I knew that they were lending people stuff for the exam. However, it seemed everybody needed a protractor, and so a lot of people were there. They then told us that we had to get it from our teacher, which was very annoying. What made it worse was that the bell went and neither Rawson nor Faulds had arrived (and knowing how late they get to class, I wasn't too hopeful). Luckily, Crancher gave me one, which was good, because, well, I needed it for the exam, or at the very least, I may have needed it.

We got into the exam, and we, after reading time, put our calculators and part of the exam into an envelope, as they were trying to prevent cheating in the non-calculator test (which makes sense. Just seemed a little odd.). So I did the non-calculator test, and after checking, only had 5 or 10 minutes left. Doing the actual test was much longer, and I only had about 10 or 20 minutes left. The last question was something to do with working out the formula of 1 cubed plus 2 cubed plus... n cubed (or something similar to that). I eventually worked it out, although I may have put too much work into it (it was an exam designated for the average person, and a lot of the kids in our school had trouble with it.). When the exam was finished, we went for a break.

In the break, we went to have a look at our electives, and it doesn't seem like I'll be doing many electives with the people in the group (I mean, a lot of us are still doing Physics and Chemistry and such, but in different time slots. Ah well.). We also tried to do some study for HSIE, but the same thing happened as what happened yesterday; we tried not to stress out. I actually talked about the different names for the book that I'm perpetually trying to write (Soon I'll get around to it, but I won't say when.). I also got my Geography Yearly back and, well, the less said about that the better (I mean, I didn't fail, but I got something like 67%. Not entirely sure how, but anyway.). However, the bell had to go some time, and when it did, we made our way down to the hall.

The last big exam for the year came, and it was HSIE (yes, there is Computer Skills tomorrow, but I'm not particularly concerned. I mean, it's computer skills. What am I using right now to write this post? Exactly.). I did say the full title in the opening paragraph, so I'm not going to repeat myself, but suffice to say that HSIE is not the official title. Anyway. So I went through that, and I don't think it was really hard. I mean, there was a lot of work, and some of it we didn't really study for, or even cover, in class (Luckily, you could do a good answer with a little common sense. Or at least, that's what I'm hoping.). And when the bell went, I wandered over to the uniform shop, listening to my iPod, of course, to get a new blazer for next year (I also found out that EJ is getting a bomber jacket, just as I have and have had since Year 7, as I don't like the jumper. Neither does he.), as Mum was there. So we got that, and when we got home, I studied for the computer skills test. And by studied, I mean I just went on my computer. I blogged, of course, but not enough, unfortunately.

To comments now, two from two people this time. It's a far cry from the good old days of four or five individual commenters, but that's OK.
*Anon: OK, I'll run through them, as I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not (I honestly have no clue). 'Tautology' means unnecessary repetition; having a 'penchant' for something means you have a liking for it; and 'ambivalent' pretty much means you're on the fence (metaphorically speaking).
*Mango: Yeah, I think it was, now that I think of it... Well, if you want to know what it means in more detail, just have a look on an online dictionary (here's the one I usually use. Probably because the URL is easy to remember.).

And that was my day. I'd probably apologise or complain about the late post, but really, it would be no use. Just know, as I've said many times before. I am trying. I really am. I just have a sort of packed schedule, though it should really slow down soon. Anyway.

4 down, 1 to go,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment